“Walking distance to everything”

and 1 more site!
Maximilian Munich Apartments & Hotel
Ranked #83 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Mass.
“Walking distance to everything”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Beautiful apartment in downtown Munich. Quiet location,apartments were immaculate with a beautiful balcony view of the courtyard. DIdn't like that you had to pay for breakfast. If I recall it was $30pp and not worth it. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank akatravelr
Maximilian-Munich, Hotelmanagerin at Maximilian Munich Apartments & Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear akatravelr,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers on tripadvisor. It was a great pleasure to welcome you at the Maximilian Munich.
The hotel was entirely renovated in 2006 and we are very proud to offer rooms with a minimum size of 35 m² and most rooms are featuring a balcony overlooking our beautiful and quiet rose garden.
Thank you for your positive comment on our location! It is true that we are right in the city center walking distance to the Hofbräuhaus, the Marienplatz and the opera for example.
Our breakfast charge is EUR 18,- for a full buffet breakfast. We are sorry to hear that you felt this was not worth it. Please ask our breakfast team for any special wishes you may have during your next visit.
Dear akatravelr, we hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to the Maximilian Munich any time soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can assist you.
With kindest regards
Eva Kubon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Krasnogorsk, Russia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the Maximilian Munich, or technically, the third and the fourth. We stayed there a few days before and after our ski holiday in Austria, just like 2 years ago.

This time I would give it 4 points. It doesn't mean I am not happy – I am. It just seems to me that this time they have not managed to fully live up to their own standards.

We booked City Suits for both of our short stays – they were number 27 and 17, one right below the other. In suite 27, there were no table knives, but in the bathroom there were bathrobes and slippers. In suite 17, the knives were in place, like bathrobes, but there were no slippers, and there were only two chairs in the dining area. We had to ask for more because we would have even been unable to have breakfast together. Besides, I found a piece of broken glass on the bathroom floor.

I am sorry if I seem picky, it was not my intention to find fault. I was just so impressed with Maximilian two years ago, and I wish it stayed this way.

What I must compliment on is the service. Everybody was nice and helpful and we never had to ask twice if we needed something.

Despite the little imperfections I mentioned above, I still think that Maximilian is the best option for a vacation with children and I would definitely return there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Katya_P
Maximilian-Munich, Hoteldirektorin at Maximilian Munich Apartments & Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Ms. Katya_P,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadrisor. It was our pleasure to have you and your family staying with us again!

Unfortunately this time, we did not fully meet your expectations and we would like to apologize for all the inconveniences caused, especially in the beginning of your stay.
After reading your comment, I immediately scheduled a meeting with our executive housekeeper to discuss the problems and missing items you mentioned. We implemented a check list with a list of all items necessary in every room.
Thank you very much for being this detailed – our aim is high quality and service in every area of the hotel. Comments like yours help us tremendously to improve in each step of the process.
Dear Ms. Katya_P, we look forward to welcoming you and your family next time your travels bring you to Munich.
With kindest regards, Eva Kubon
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am staying at Maximilian Apartments as I write. I find it over-priced, overrated and under-staffed.

I tend to think that, these days and above a certain room rate, offering internet in your room is like offering, say, a bed in your room. On arrival, the wifi didn't work which I pointed out to the person at the front desk. I was given the impression by the staff member that it must be my new-ish computer, my iphone and my ipad which must all be at fault and in no way was it the house network that was at fault because it worked for everyone else. Hmmm?

Mysteriously, my computer was logged onto the network when I returned after supper that evening. No explanation ensued.

Also, the key in the slot by the door electrical master switch thing... Really? Didn't that end about the time Bobby Ewing died? Come on! We all have phones to charge now. Don't treat us like we inconvenient guests run up unreasonably large energy bills for you.

Added to that, my room has not been serviced since I arrived four days ago.

If you fancy a nostalgic trip back to the poor service of the eighties this place is for you, otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Toby S
Dear Mr. Toby S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
We, at the Maximilian Munich, aim to accommodate only content and happy guests. Unfortunately we did not manage to meet your expectations.
We offer high-speed internet access free of charge to all our guests. Only last year we have invested into the latest technology and faster connections. We were faced with a technical problem when you arrived and it was solved within an hour. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by this outage.
All our rooms are equipped with key card holders (electrical master switches) and we consider them as a necessity to an environmentally conscious hotel. There are several electrical outlets in each room with continuous current; all labelled, especially for chargers, laptops etc. The information may be found next to the phone in each room.
It is also with great regret that our housekeeping department did not meet your expectations. Being an apartment hotel, we accommodate many long-term- guests, such as you. As mentioned in your confirmation, our long-term guests (with a very special, reduced rate) in general receive 1-2 housekeeping services weekly, which can be changed and adapted free of charge to your liking.
Dear Mr. Toby S, thank you very much as well for taking the time just before your departure, to meet with me and discuss the above issues. We have learned that we need to be more pro-active and take more time to explain these details to all our guests, staying with us for the first time.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.
With kindest regards, Eva Kubon
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We (family of 4 with 2 young kids [4 and 2.5 years]) had stayed here 1.5 years ago and - apart from overall being very happy, especially with the location [walking distance to Virtualienmarkt, Horbraeuhaus [if you like] etc.] and the rooms - only issue we had at that time were issues with housekeeping.
Nevertheless due to the previously recognized benefits we returned in December for 5 nights and were very happy wit everything including the flawless service (which inquired every day about our satisfaction and any additional needs).
Would now fully recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to stay such central in a hotel with high quality rooms and service. If we come to Munich again, we will for sure come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ulrich H
Dear Ulrich H,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers on tripadvisor. It was a great pleasure to welcome you and your family at the Maximilian Munich in December.
Thank you for commenting on our location! It is true that we are right in the city center walking distance to the Hofbräuhaus, the Marienplatz and the famous shopping street ‘Maximilianstrasse’ for example.
We are very pleased to hear that we were able to improve on your housekeeping service and we have met your expectations during your last stay.
Dear Ulrich H, we hope we will get the chance to welcome you and your familiy back to the Maximilian Munich any time soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can assist you.
With kindest regards
Eva Kubon
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last week.
Lots of good points: Convenient for tourist sights / Christmas markets - all walkable from hotel. Loads of restaurants nearby. Easy 10 minute walk from train station (from airport) only +/- 11 euros pr person. We had a studio apartment - great to have a kitchenette/facilities esp for sorting our own breakfast. King size bed + pillows were good qulality and comfy! Decor smart and modern. Spotlessly clean. We didn't eat in the hotel as there were so many places nearby to go and try out. Supermarket on Tal for basics.
Only niggle & not the hotels fault - neighbours in adjacent flat were noisy with doors slamming, i think they were having a 'domestic'!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jinny232
Europe
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent 4 nights here as a family which includes our infant (7 months) and toddler (2 years).

I originally booked 2 hotels with suites to accommodate our family. The other hotel was more expensive though very close to the Maximilian. Let me begin by saying that the Maximilian is wonderful in their communication. All emails I sent were responded to very quickly (I believe they would have responded within the hour had it not been for the time difference and that it was the middle of the night in Germany when I sent them).

I needed 2 cribs which they not only offered for free but guaranteed (the other hotel wanted to charge me 25 euro/night per crib!). The cribs were very nice and included crib sheets (the ones we brought from the States would not have fit the longer cribs in Europe) and a small bear in each crib. They were set up when we arrived which has almost never happened to me when I request a crib in the States.

We had a room with a balcony that faced the garden that was recommended by the staff during our email correspondence; they recommended this to be sensitive to our kids needing more quiet. The suite was quite roomy by European standards. Yes, the elevator is small but it is not much smaller than the one in my apartment building when I lived in Europe for 5 years. This is simply the size of the elevators. It did mean we could only get 1 stroller in at a time but, again, that's the norm.

The bathroom was a decent size and, again, typical from my experience in Europe. The kitchen was fully stocked with the following:
Flatware
Silverware
Cooking knives
Cooking utensils
Pots and pans
Glasses of several different sizes and styles
Stove
Microwave/Oven combo
Oven
Drying wrack
Sink
Hotpot (which was great for us for making bottles for the baby)
Toaster
Nespresso machine (with pods that were refilled daily)
Tea bags
Coffee amenities (sugar, cream, etc.)
Mugs
Garbage Bags

The bedroom had a 3-section wardrobe. Each section was big enough for us to fit our large Samsonite bag in. There was also a safe in there.

The bathroom comes with Molton Brown toiletries which are very nice and a higher end brand in London.

The hotel itself is very conveniently located, as other reviewers have stated. Just minutes from the city center, a grocery store, restaurants, Hofbrauhaus, etc. By the way, the bakery on the cobblestone road across from Hofbrauhaus next to the Japanese restaurant and souvenir shops is much better than the one many are recommending here (that you get to by turning right out of the hotel).

The service is also wonderful. The only negative is that the housekeeper came one day when our boys were napping and they would not come back later because we had "refused service." However, after telling them the boys' nap schedule they made sure to clean our room around that time every other day we were there. The hotel staff was also very helpful when our baby needed a doctor they arranged that and asked us almost every time we passed by the front desk after that how he was doing (and one time told me the staff had just been talking about our boy over supper due to their concern).

The breakfast was pricey but not outrageous for a hotel breakfast. The food was good and, like most European food vs. American food, was about freshness and quality versus the absurd, gross quantities we consume in the States (guilty!).

All in all, this was a great hotel, spacious, comfy, conveniently located and with great service.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the courtyard/garden for a quieter experience.