“Fantastic place”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Staff were lovely for the 7/8 times I was there. Really helpful though my Germans is poor. Fantastic pool, never too busy and the chnaging facilities are excellent.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tom B

San Ramon, Costa Rica
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Cool pool, sauna also pretty good”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had planned on going to the Müllersches Volksbad one afternoon in September during Oktoberfest but it was closed. So I decided to check out the Olympiaschwimmhalle instead, and I was glad I did. The pool wasn't very crowded, although there were a fair number of people doing laps. That's the main kind of swimming this pool is good for, and it's got really cool architecture.
I had mainly gone for the sauna area, but since the pool area was included I swam a bit, too.
As for the sauna, it's a pretty nice one. There's enough chairs for relaxing both inside and outside, and the variety of saunas is also good. The steam room wasn't that great, though...a bit too dark.
All in all, though, a good time.

Visited September 2013
Landstuhl, Germany
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“See if you are in the area”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Going to BMW world, then you need to stop here. This is where the US swimmer Mark Spitz set all of his records in 1972. It was the first Olympics I remember so it really sent a chill down my spine. You can also swim here; they have lap swimming and they allow you to dive.