“Hot, smelly and expensive”
Review of Feringapark Hotel

Feringapark Hotel
Ranked #317 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I was moved to the Feringapark Hotel due to an error in the booking system of my preferred hotel.

The check-in was efficient but not very welcoming. The staff do not take any interest in the safety of solo women travellers, and announced my room number to everyone in the lobby when they handed me my key.

It is not possible to buy a 24 hour internet pass from your room. You have to do this in the lobby, which in my case meant queuing again and having to announce my room number to everyone in the queue.

My room was very hot, even with the window open, and did not have air-conditioning. There was a nasty smell coming from the bathroom which I was not able to dissipate. I was not offered a non-smoking room, so had to put up with stale tobacco smells also.

At breakfast, there was no-one to help me find a free table, no-one came to ask if I needed coffee or tea, and overall the breakfast service was poor for an apparently four star hotel.

There are no fitness facilities, no pool, and not much scope for doing anything other than overheat in your stuffy room.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Neatham

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We were treated to a complimentary night, evening meal and breakfast here, thanks to Lufthansa. The rooms were quite nice for European hotels. Lobby is beautiful. Good: breakfast was fantastic! Air conditioning worked. Bad: evening dinner waitress and only two selections for our complimentary dinner. Let me explain about dinner: we were one of the last to leave the airport after waiting three hours for our rebookings and hotel vouchers. By then, the hotel realized that there was a great influx of people, yet only one waitress was on duty and she spoke almost no English. After waiting for nearly an hour, my father found the manager and explained the situation. Then, the manager and a couple of other men began to help out. About the food - our choices were pasta and something else we did not understand from the waitress, so we chose pasta. (Turned out the other choice was ham and fries.) Our pasta was cooked perfectly then covered with what tasted and appeared to be tomato sauce directly from the can and a sprinkle of Parmesan. We were just thankful for food by this time. By contrast, breakfast is fantastic.

Room Tip: A double means two twin size beds. Ask for a tub/shower combination as the shower leaks all over th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I spent 8 nights here in March. The trip was a mix of sightseeing and business so we chose this hotel for easy transport to areas other than the centre of the City. Having said that, the trip into the city centre was easy: a 2 minute walk to the nearest bus stop from where it was a few minutes to the nearest metro station and then about 15-20 minutes to MarienPlatz. Transport was frequent, clean and cheap: 23 Euros bought a 3 day ticket for the two of us, with unlimited use of buses and trains over a wide area.

The Hotel staff were all unfailingly courteous and efficient. The room was adequate in size, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was fine (although it would have been better with some more shelf space) with a great over-bath shower. And the bath was a decent depth too - not one of those 5 inch deep "maybe I can soak my feet" abominations which I hate!

Breakfast was excellent: really good choice of all the usual things for a continental breakfast as well as a great selection of cereals, & breads, juices, and scrambled eggs, bacon and various sausages.

No in-room safes, but security boxes available free of charge at reception.

The usual mini-bar and - the one thing that annoyed me - it turned out that the two bottles of water which were put on the desk everyday , were charged as minibar purchases, whereas we thought they were complimentary because they were not in the fridge/bar.

There is an excellent supermarket just a few minutes walk away (come out of the main entrance and turn right) and a cafe (recommended) and chemist next door.

For the price, we were very happy with the Feringa (but see my room tip) and would stay here again if the location suited our purposes.

Room Tip: Try to avoid being over the terrace bar area if it's warm enough to want the windows open at nig...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank welshwench
Reviewed 14 May 2012

despite some frills (in the lobby a glittering marble floor, odd chairs and plenty of boxed glass chunks decorations, a fake stube - upstairs!) what you will get for rather a bitter bill will be no more than a small double room, basically furnished.
what is good: breakfast, parking.
what is less good: in the room no safelock nor free wifi; in the bathroom no shelves, no spotlights on the mirror, no antiskid tub - which is a problem indeed or, at least... could be! - and no way to switch off a noisy aspirator fan.
service: helpful front desk and staff, hard waitress

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Small room, small TV, small bathroom, typical european hotel. Convenient if you are from Europe but less than standard if you are a north american or asian traveller.
Too far from city-business centre, food was correct.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MooseJoh
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Hundreds and hundreds of us were stranded in the Munich airport because of fog. Lufthansa assigned me and my traveling companions to this hotel for the night. They were swamped with airport refugees that night but we were warmly welcomed, given toothbrushes and other essentials and assigned to comfortable, immaculate rooms. Then we were given a nice dinner in their charming dining room. We were exhausted after a frustrating day spent in airport lines, so this hotel was an oasis of comfort. In the morning we received a delicious breakfast and were sent on our way in the taxi that the hotel called for us. I will be forever grateful for their hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SuzyQSB
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed here recently with a tour group so had no choice but to stay here. While the hotel itself was ok the location was not. It is a 20 Euro cab ride from here to the Hofbrauhaus. On our return the cab driver could not locate it on his GPS. When we showed him a business card with the address he informed us "this is not in Munchen" If you are in the area for a soccer event that arena is quite close. If you want to be able to experience Marianplatz and the heart of Munich don't stay here. (Try the Kings Center 3 which is a 5 to 10 minute walk to the heart of Munich and very nice). The Feringapark does have a enjoyable restaurant where we had a delightful dinner. The rooms were serviceable although the only "air conditioning" is an open window. Staff was helpful enough and restaurant staff very accomodating. We found no evidence of a pool. There were no restaurants in the immediate walking area either. If you stay here you will feel trapped with nothing to do. Not what we were hoping for in Munich.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maggiepie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
SportScheck Hotel
#2 of 6 in Unterfohring
No photo provided
Hotel Gasthof zum Gockl
#5 of 6 in Unterfohring

Been to Feringapark Hotel? Share your experiences!