“Feringapark Hotel - Munich”
Review of Feringapark Hotel

Feringapark Hotel
Ranked #323 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 7 May 2014

2nd time we have stayed there. Clean, friendly, and convenient to the Tram to go into city. It is remote, but has some shopping nearby and walking distance to a great restaurant in the Englisher Garden. Real convenient to highway 9 if you are driving. Food is so- so but bar is nice.

Room Tip: We had a "handicap" room on third floor. Didn't need it for handicap, but it was large...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stay here a couple of comfortable nights with VERY GOOD BREAKFAST. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They recommended a restaurant by the name of St. Emmeramsmuhle about a 10 min walk from the hotel. It too had GREAT SERVICE, VERY GOOD FOOD and a nice selection of BEERS.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Comfortable business hotel though a little bit far from the Munich center (30-40 min by the tram no.16 from St. Emmeram)
Convenient rooms, good breakfast, expensive wifi.
Staff is helpful and friendly
To get from the airport - just take S-Bahn (S-8) up to Johanneskirchen and then hop to the bus number 50 to Feringastrasse - it will take about 40 minutes totally

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Alex-124
Reviewed 19 September 2013

John's stay at the Feringapark was excellent - he was on a business trip there and also attended a Trade Fair - he was very impressed with the hotel and staff and also its excellent breakfast - would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Desiree C
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had a horrible experience at this hotel. I traveled with a group of people (June) who had been invited to visit a multinational company in Germany. We arrived at the hotel around 11:30 PM coming from Berlin. There were two guys at the reception desk. They were not nice at all during our check-in process. It was late at night but several people were hungry. The hotel does not offer room service, there is nowhere to go around there and the bar would only serve us drinks at that time. Two guys from my group took a cab and bought something at a McDonalds. When they came back they went to the bar to eat and get some drinks (as other people from the group were there having drinks) and the lady who worked there told them, very rudly, they could not eat there and they should leave. I do understand the hotel might have its rules, but the problem is how she talked to them.
My room was located on the oldest part of the hotel so it looked dated but I´ve seen other people´s room and they were actually nice. Internet was expensive (specially because the hotel considers itself as a "business hotel") but I needed it so I payed for it but when I got to my room it wouldn´t work. I´ve called the reception desk asking for help, so someone came up to my room and after trying to make it work (did not suceed) he gave me a toll free number for me to call, because the service is outsourced. At least he gave me my money back! Next day in the morning I found out we were assigned to have breakfast at a separate room from other guests. Groceries ran out and would the lady said they would not come anymore. So the first morning I´ve tried talking to the company who had made our reservations, to see if they could talk to the hotel. Nothing happened. Next morning, manager but the lady at the reception desk refused to call him. She would talk to me in English than talk to her colleague in German (I don´t speak German) and laugh, like it was a joke what I was asking form. When I finally got to talk to the manager he was very nice and said he was unware of all that. But it was too late... I do not recommend this hotel at all. Mainly because of the horrible service.

Room Tip: f you do stay there, ask for a room at the new tower as the ones at the old tower are dated.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gisele864
Reviewed 18 June 2013

One year after our last stay, we visited again. It´s always exciting to see if hotels are able to keep the quality, sometimes things change quickly. Luckily, we found The Feringapark ito still be a wonderful hotel - friendly, excellent breakfast, very clean, large rooms with comfy beds. We know where to go next time we are in Munich!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorwayTnk
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The hotel was decent albeit very far out from the city center (40-45mins by tramline 16 from Central Station to St Emmaran).

Also the rooms had no aircon. It's fine during winter, but what about summer?!

And now to why it's getting a poor review, reception staff could learn a bit more about customer service. My friend kindly requested for a double room (instead of an original single), all the guy (Marco) did was keep shaking his head saying "Not possible".. then snarkily said, "unless you add another 99 Euros".

Why I'm cheesed off:
1. He did not bother trying to look at his system
2. He kept shaking his head and saying "Not possible" as though it was a ridiculous request

All this was before he said "unless you add another 99 Euros". Also the other front desk lady had a black face when my friend asked her something nicely and all she did was grunt and point rudely for us to ask her colleague instead.

If you're in Munich to explore the city, there's hundreds of other hotels, failing which you could try airbnb.com. Feringapark Hotel, whilst decent, is failed by its' poor location and front desk service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
SportScheck Hotel
#2 of 6 in Unterfohring
No photo provided
Hotel Gasthof zum Gockl
#5 of 6 in Unterfohring

Been to Feringapark Hotel? Share your experiences!