“One of the best hostels”
Review of Euro Youth Hotel

Euro Youth Hotel
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed here a bunch of times but never reviewed it. Great hostel which I can only recommend! The bar is a great place to meet people and has a kickin vibe! One of the best maintained and run hostels I've ever come across! If you're coming to Munich a definite must stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff everywhere, i.e. at the doors, front desk as well as the bar. Was having a great time till I went to the room to sleep. The room was like a sauna and it remained so for the next 3 nights. The rooms have doors that open on to a small balcony but there are buildings all around so no way for a breeze to come in. Would have preferred not to have rolled around in sweat at night after 3 amazing days in this beautiful city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great location and great staff. Rooms are comfortable and clean. If you are facing the road, it's likely to be noisy so try to ask for a room without a road facing window or on a higher floor. Do bring a spare lock for the locker and a long enough cable that let's you charge your phone at your bedside.

The best thing about this hostel is the bar- affordable drinks, nice people and good food too!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a road-side window or ask for a room on a higher floor.
1  Thank prakashh17
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Last time I traveled to Munich I stayed at the Euro Youth and when I planned my trip this time I did the same. But one or two situations there overshadowed the usually good service.. I had work in Dusseldorf for K-Fair and I had my booking on Oct 18th, on that day in the early morning I realized that they still need for one more day so I sent an email to the Hostel in the early morning around 7 am and asked to cancel that night only (early enough if they frequently check the emails). Anyways I arrived the next day and they charge me for the night and the girl on the reception tells me that she just read the email (more than 24 hours later), the room was single so I was charged around 60 euros.

I paid coz I accepted it being partly my fault as well.. Anyways, 2 days later I was at the bar having some drinks with some mates I met there, the bar was busy and one girl who works at the reception was helping out at the bar, so she comes over and takes our orders, I order a beer and the guys order pizza and drinks as well.. She comes back later saying who ordered the margarita and they say they asked for another pizza, somehow she decided that I was the one who ordered it and she falsely accuses me of that. I tell that I only ordered beer, and I am still waiting for it she gives and attitude then comes back with the pizzas for the other guys and nothing for me!! I wait another 10-15 and still I get no beer, I get bugged and go to her and ask her where my beer is and she starts talking rudely while giving an attitude. I explain to her that I did not order any food and that MAYBE one of the guys was messing with her but I didnt hear anyone ordering a margarita though but I had nothing to do with it. so she finally pours a glass and comes hand it out with a bad attitude while smacking the glass! I notice that she started crying afterwards and then she went outside to smoke a cig, I felt bad and although I had nothing to do with it I decided to go out and talk to her.. I went there and told her, listen I had nothing to do with this but this is no big deal anyways so just chill coz it not worth it crying or getting mad but she gives me another bad attitude and talks rudely!! So I went inside the hostel and I didnt like her rude attitude, horrible customer service because I'm the guest and that was the worst customer service I've ever witnessed over a pizza thats probably worth 4 or 5 euros and a mistake that she did! Instead she was rude towards a guest!! I canceled my other 2 nights at the hostel and booked the one next doors. Sadly the guy that works there was really nice, he helped me out with advice and printed out maps for me to reach a place I asked about, in addition to another girl that explained to me whats better for metro tickets and day tickets..etc but that situation I had with the other girl ruined and blocked everything else.. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE from that girl

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
andyEYHmunich, Manager at Euro Youth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear amazin-race,
Thanks for your review, and first of all I would like to offer my apologies for your disappointing experience.
Our cancellation policy does not allow same day cancellations, which is very standard for hotels and hostels, most of which have far stricter policies than ours. I also feel that this policy is made very visible during the booking process. Mornings are the busiest times in hotels, so we cannot guarantee that we read all e-mails immediately. If we had later on managed to sell the room to anyone then we would not have charged you for the night, but as it was we couldn’t.

In fact when later on you requested to cancel the room for the night of the 23rd November on the night of the 22nd, we immediately gave you a full refund for the night without waiting to see if we could resell the room. We were by no means obliged to do this.

Referring to the other incident you mention it seems that there was some confusion in the bar when ordering pizzas, which can sometimes happen when large groups of people make orders. I apologize if this resulted in you receiving the wrong order or waiting longer.

I personally witnessed the moment when, as you say, you got “bugged”, and I recommended to the staff member that she take a break before the situation escalated. Without wishing to cause offence, the way in which you spoke to the young lady can only be described as rude and this caused her some distress. Indeed your friends later apologized on your behalf for the way in which you addressed her. Without wishing to contradict you I would like to point out that the young lady in question is, without a doubt, one of the friendliest and most competent staff members we have ever had the pleasure of employing… and we make a point of hiring only the friendliest people.
Thanks once again for taking the time to review us, we appreciate all feedback and we always react to any negative criticism. Thankyou too for your otherwise positive comments. I hope that other than this incident your trip was enjoyable, and wish you safe and pleasant travels in the future.

Nick
EYH Team

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have spent one night at Euro Youth. Location is perfect (right beside Munich's Central Station), don't worry if it looks weird - all train staion regions are, somehow :-) - what matters is that the staff is great, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are pretty large, so you don't go bumping on your roomates and the bathrooms are cleaned frequently (there is a schedule on the inner part of the door). I'd stay there again!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was at the hostel in October and It was a very nice experience...staff was very helfull and charm, rooms and bathrooms/showers was clean and well placed. The amazing pub that they have there was the great reason to wake up every day with a lil bit of headhache...one of the best hostels I stayed and I work for a 5 stars luxury hotel. Recommended!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I only spend three nights there, but my random roommates were friendly, the facilities were clean, and the bar was a nice place to wind down at the end of the night. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. It's extremely close to the train station, and lots of the places you're going to want to hit up in Munich when you're there are just a short walk away. Definitely recommended.