“Super location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #255 of 381 Hotels in Munich
“Super location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here in early July and had an overall pleasant experience. The hotel itself is very basic and could do with some TLC. Our bathroom was new and modern, but the room was quite bare. The location however is unbeatable and everything is so close-by. Be warned, there is no lift. Our room was on the third floor and we found it a difficult trek with two heavy suitcases. There are no luxuries in Hotel Atlanta, but the location makes up for it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Muenster, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent: very close to public transportation in a main shopping street a short walk away from all many attractions in the city center.
Unfortunately this is about the only positive thing I can think of.

All of the interior seems very dated. There's a shared toilet and shower, and we had a shower and sink right in our bedroom without separation. The shower itself had terrible heat regulation. Overall clean, but there were things the daily cleaning couldn't remove like stains on the ceiling, on the carpet. Each time we entered the room from outside we couldn't ignore a nasty smell. 70EUR is WAY too much for this hostel-level accomodation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank phyra

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at the hotel to visit the Christmas markets. Had a great time in Munich on a budget. The hotel was very affordable when booked well in advance. You can't beat the location - a few minutes walk from the Marienplatz and Sendlinger Tor. Our room was basic with a shower and sink but the toilets were shared like a hostel. This did not matter as we were just using the hotel as a base for our trip. Would recommend for those visiting on a budget in search of clean and basic accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We booked a double room with a shared barroom, however upon arrival we found we had a shower and sink in our room. We had to still share the toilet on the corridor however this caused no problems during our 2 night stay.
The room was basic with everything we needed in it.

• Stayed August 2013
Bratislava
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

According to the description of the hotel - it is a smaller mid-range hotel with different categorized rooms .

The big advantage of the hotel is its location. A second advantage is the price - we paid 65-75 euros per night for two people. Directly next door are several restaurants and shops. Walking to the city center to Marienplatz is about 7 minutes walk.

Hotels by category meets all expectations.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is slightly larger and more expensive, cost us 75 euros for two people. It is mor...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three nights in July 2013. Upon arrival, the dirty walls and chipped paint in the hallways made a bad impression. The reception area was cramped and stuffy. The rooms were small but clean, and the location was fantastic. The incredibly warm temperatures and lack of air conditioning made it almost unbearable during the day (I knew the hotel had no a.c. when I booked, so this was my mistake), but at night it did cool off. The price was great for the location, but the lack of comfort due to the heat and overall "feel" of the place made me regret my decision to book this hotel. We normally stay in budget hotels so I'm used to basic accommodations, but this one just didn't measure up. However, Munich is a wonderful city and I hope to return someday!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Atlanta at the end of the July 2012 (I forgot about writing the review, so am doing so now). The people who worked at the hotel were very friendly! I arrived early (i.e. 8am), and my room wasn't ready, so I went for a walk, came back ~noon and was able to check in for a nap (still early!). I was in one of the newer, renovated rooms with 2 single beds (only needed one) with an en suite bathroom. It had a TV and desk, so I was able to watch the Olympics as I was fighting through jet lag. The room and bathroom were impeccably clean. It was also nice to be so close to the train station.

My only complains were the heat (but I wasn't really surprised, it was Munich in the end of July) and the noise. I was at the "back" of the hotel and still could hear a lot of street noise as well as a pigeon that would not leave the window alone. Overall though, I would stay at the hotel again if I were on a tight budget.

Room Tip: I would try and get a room in the back--even though it was noisy, I can't imagine what it would...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business