“Friendly, Helpful and reasonably priced”
Review of Hotel Laimer Hof

Hotel Laimer Hof
Ranked #1 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Stayed here for two nights - its a small private hotel in the suburbs near Schloss Nymphenburg. Its a 5 min (max) walk to the tram and about 10 minutes walk from the S station at Laim. Sebastien and his staff speak faultless english ( & lots of other languges too I suspect). Sebastien recommended his favourite christmas markets & marked them on a map for us. Offered to phone the airport to check our flights (snow!) - nothing was too much trouble. Rooms are cosy european size not large US chain size and ditto the beds. I would certainly stay here again. Has a lovely breakfast room and there are a number of bars & restaurants close by.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 December 2010

We booked this hotel soley on TripAdvisor reccomendations - it was perfectly fine, but out of the 4 places I stayed during my tour of Germany, this was the least inspiring. We didn't have much time so the location was not great - I'd rather have been in walking distance of the centre. Room was nice and quiet. Decor ok, nothing special. Staff friendly and informative.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My fiancee and I really enjoyed our two-night stay at Hotel Laimer Hof. Close to the Nymphenburg Palace and Hirschgarten, this boutique hotel is located outside of the downtown area. However, with the excellent Munich public transportation, commuting to the city center was no problem whatsoever. We slept soundly in comfortable rooms and were replenished each morning with our continental breakfast. The staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and helpful in planning our commutes to Salzburg and the city center - Jan and Tobias especially!

Reviewed 6 December 2010

This was a second stay at the laimer hoff. I would like to say that all the staff at this hotel have fantastic customer service skills from the owner to the staff that are on late at night. This is obviously a priority for this hotel and they certanily succeed in makeing peoples stay special. The tower room was very large and provided excellent panoramic views and was very large. Free wifi in rooms i good. The only downside to this place is its about 15min walk from the train station but in a beautiful location just a few mins walk to Nymphenburg Palace. All in all fantastic value and best service in town.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2010

When booking our stay with Hotel Laimer Hof, my husband and I were concerned about location of the hotel and quietness of some of the rooms based on the reviews we read. We exchanged a few emails with Sebastian before booking and he was great in answering all our questions. We are so glad we stayed here, it made our visit in Munich much more unique! We stayed in a family room that was very quiet and clean - the bed was also super comfortable. The neighborhood is considered one of the safest and wealthiest neighborhoods in Munich. There are great restaurants located within walking distance from the hotel, however, it is very easy to get to the city center by taking the tram. Sebastian makes you feel at home and he speaks perfect French and English! We will definitely be returning to Munich and plan on staying at the Laimer Hof.

1  Thank scdg2007
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Unquestionably, Sebastian has elevated excellence in service to an art form and even the most upscale hotels could learn a lot from him, seriously, I mean this rather literally.

I had a complex schedule in Munich, and had not been sure if Laimer Hof would have been the best location for my needs. In many email communications and over the phone Sebastian was most courteous, patient, knowledgeable, and informative. When I arrived in Munich, due to unseasonably early snow, my flight was delayed and the plane sat on the tarmac waiting for the snow to be cleared. By the time I arrived at the Hotel, it was 1:30 am, and the door to the Hotel magically opened, as Sebastian had been waiting for my arrival.

Sebastian helped me with the suitcase to my immaculately clean room. I was touched to see that he had prepared an arrangement of fruits and chocolates for me, along with a bottle of water, all of which were nicely presented on the bedside stand.

The morning wake-up call was totally on time. My room was well-heated. The breakfast was very good.

Then Sebastian gave me directions on sightseeing in Munich, his guidance was good and accurate. As I had to catch a later flight out of Munich, and one of the runways was closed, Sebastian said he would make inquiries re flight time so I could maximize my sightseeing time. While I was in Munich City Center, he telephoned to let me know that my flight was going to be on time. When I arrived back in the hotel, he had prepared their van in anticipation to take me to the S-Bahn station so I would not be late to the train to the airport. I did have a taxi waiting already, but really did appreciate his thoughtfulness.

I should also note that all concerns I had had about the convenience of Laimer Hof's location were unfounded. It is within 5 minutes of a tram stop, and is very close to the S-Bahn station as well. It is also in a lovely neighborhood of beautiful homes, and within a stone's throw of Nymphenburg Palace.

When it comes to service, Sebastian sets standards that exceed those of most 5-star hotels. Above all, he is genuine in his desire to be a helpful host. His efforts are not forced, but are totally authentic. A big "Thank-You" to Sebastian for being so helpful with the Munich part of my trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2010

More than just a hotel. Sebastian, Alex and the staff had been helpful in many ways when extending their hospitality by assisting in booking tours and even making enquiries when you do not speak a word of german, definitely a great help when making your first trip. We really felt safe and homely during our stay. Sebastian and his entire team exudes their passion in making our stay a great one. If we are in Munich again this will be the place we will stay for sure !!