“Modern, clean & quiet location”

Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich
Ranked #179 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Cairo, Egypt
“Modern, clean & quiet location”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean, modern, helpful staff, area is quiet with tram/underground/bus stops near by to most districts of munich, small shopping center with supermarket, cafe & pharmacy is right on hotel's backside.. I missed nothing special during my stay

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is average. Nothing amazing and nothing poor. I stayed on the top floor (TripAdvisor recommendation). You get 100Mb free Internet data per day in the room. A wired to wifi adapter requires a substantial deposit at reception.

The bar was good and quite lively on the evening that we were there.

I can't comment on the location because we got short taxis to the conference centre.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rilanohotels, Front Office Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear BradboxUK,

thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you were not completely happy with your stay and comment us as average hotel.
However we would be happy to welcoming you in one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts in the near future and convince you of our good service standards.

Best wishes,

Your Rilano Hotels&Resorts Team!
Monte San Giusto, Italy
Reviewed 21 January 2014

There's not the wifi in the room, the room is really small... Not expensive the cost of the room. The location Is easy to find and to reach. The wifi connection is only in the reception, the breakfast is not included in the price

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rilanohotels, Front Office Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Edlp88,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay.
We are really sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our internet.
As an option to the Lan connection we borrow Wlan routers at the reception. With these routers you can also use the internet on the rooms.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels.

Your Rilano Hotels& Resorts Team
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have used this hotel for a short trip to Munich several times. It is NOT downtown, but it offers good value for money, simple, but clean rooms and has recently been upgraded. I would recommend it to anyone who looks for a place to sleep in Munich without the need to be downtown.

Locationwise - you can probably park your car at side of the road and use the U-Bahn to get to downtown Munich. The subway station is a 10 minute walk away. If you are looking for a quick breakfast nearby, there is also a supermarket about 5 minutes away. The Autobahn to the north can be reached very conveniently without having to maneuvre the downtown Munich traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
NICOSIA
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good hotel, with clean and spacious rooms, well decorated, good breakfast but far from the City center. You can access Marienplatz by U-Bahn a 10 minute walk not easy with rain or snow, or by taxi. Very good for business travelers, average for holidays.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ANDROS S
Rilanohotels, Front Office Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear ANDROS S,

thank you for your feedback. Great that you had a comfortable stay with us.

The hotel is located in Munich-Schwabing - with public transport the city centre can be reached within 20 minutes.

We would be very happy to welcoming you very soon at one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts.

Best wishes,

Your Rilano Hotels & Resorts Team!
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while my husband was on a business trip to Munich. The hotel was nice and conveniently located for my husband's business need, however I wouldn't stay here again if I was in Munich for tourism - the closest U-Bahn was a 10 minute walk and there wasn't many options to eat around the hotel.
The room was spacious - it even had room for an extra bed for my son. The bed was not a queen bed but two twins put together, which I personally don't like very much. The main restaurant was very good and breakfast buffet was nice (it was 18 euros per person and my kid didn't have to pay since he was 3). I didn't like mammaminute (the pasta bar) very much. Room service didn't come one of the days (although they replenished the mini-bar).
I think the worst issue was the wi-fi in this hotel. You could get free limited wi-fi for 24 hours but it was almost like not having one. The front desk gave me a router to plug in in the high speed Internet cable in my room but it didn't work. When I called support, they told me that using a router was unsupported. My husband was trying to work in the lobby and after not being able to use the free wi-fi, he couldn't get back to the options screen to be able to choose a more premium Internet service (which was charged per device and not per room as explained to me).
Front desk staff could be friendlier.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Once again I find myself writing a review for The Rilano München, still my favourite hotel in Munich. I stayed here on 3 other occasions, for about a month in 2011, a week in 2012 and 10 days this time in 2013.

Still a great hotel, nice size rooms, mod-cons, nice size bathroom, conveniently located in a niche "business zone" in Schwabing, supermarket nearby, coffee shop next door and bus service which takes you to a nearby U-Bahn station.

However, we felt this time they let the quality of service slip. Housekeeping walk into the room a couple of times without bothering to knock and even on two occasions, staff replenishing the mini-bar knocked on the door repeatedly despite the "do not disturb" tag hung on the doorknob. Beyond this, the water pressure could be stronger and please take note of that the bathroom floor floods when you're having a shower. This last problem is a design fault which I spoke about already in one my previous reviews..

Still, it's a great place and I will be back in 2014 !

Room Tip: Rooms greater than 40 on each floor have access to a different elevator from the carpark, dispensing...