“5 stars for a 5 star”

Ranked #26 of 383 Hotels in Munich
London, United Kingdom
“5 stars for a 5 star”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Unbelievable hotel. the location next to the station means this is a great 5star base for any day trip. The hotel is well matched to its rating with friendly and helpful staff and the overall presentation and cleanliness is of the highest standard Of any hotel of this calibre. We stayed in the opera suite. Fantastic. If this is what the Sofitel has to offer in five star, I'm staying in them more often. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all these kind words! I gladly shared your comment with the whole team. There is no better motivation than such feedback from our guests.

I am already looking forward to welcoming you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel offered everything you would expect from a Sofitel and was the perfect location for our winter trip to Munich.

We booked a junior suite, which was arranged over 2 levels. This duplex arrangement worked well for us but may not be ideal for all travellers. The staircase to the upper level is quite narrow, fortunately we only had hand luggage to take up it. It was also slightly disappointing that there was no bathtub although the rain shower was certainly up to standard. I found the bed perfectly comfortable and, as is standard in many German hotels, the separate duvets didn't bother us.

The spa/gym/pool area is very nice too.

A pretty faultless stay and I would stay again.

Room Tip: The 2 storey suites may not be to everyone's taste.
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Munich Bayerpost as the destination for your winter trip to Munich. Our duplex suites on the topmost floor offer the best view over Munich. However, I thank you for the hints regarding the staircase and the bathroom which we will consider for future redesigning projects.

I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we may welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

After a 24hr flight ... We were happy to find the hotel so conveniently close to the central station and the old town. The room we were given was rm 712 and pretty small. There was no view. I'd informed during booking online that this was our honeymoon trip. Even booked the romantic package for our first night here as we are due back again towards the last leg of our travels. Champagne was chilling in the ice bucket. Little tray of Chocs included in the package, as well as breakfast. Breakfast was pretty good ... In fact it had everything you'd want. Including rambutans. We went for a gym and swim session at So Spa. That was nice. The gym is pretty tiny. The pool was heated well. It had pretty good facilities. We didn't get any other special treatment but it was a pleasant enough stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant time at our beautiful hotel. However, I am sorry that your room didn't meet your expectations and that you didn't receive the recognition for this being your honeymoon trip that you expected.

If there is anything we can do for you already before or during your stay, please don't hesitate to contact our guest relation team who are always happy to be of assistance.

I hope that we may nevertheless welcome you again soon.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is our second stay here and we also stay at Sofitel hotels quite frequently. The hotel itself is very, very nice, in fact the hotel is a 5 star by every stretch. It is convenient to the train station (100 yards), very well maintained, modern, and the stafff can be very friendly. I especially commend the front door bell hops and valets as being exceptional. The downside is the front desk staff can be a bit testy and you don't necessarily get what you request.

Last time I stayed here I had similar issues. I had notified the hotel in advance that I would be arriving early and requested a room early. I never heard back that this would be impossible. When we arrived, we were treated as if we were requesting something ridiculous from them and the request was a bother. It got to the point wheŕe I simply walked away and came back a few hours later.

The next issue was I had requested and paid for in advance, a two story prestige suite with a view of the Alps and floor to ceiling glass window out of which to view them. What I received was a very nice two story room, but the view was of a Chinese restaurant and the busy street down below. There wasn't an Alp in sight let alone anything to look at.

I will say that there is a young guy working at the hotel from Peru who is absolutely amazing. They need to pay him more as he made the trip fun.

If you do stay, the hotel is five minutes walk to downtown to the ice rink and the beginning of the shopping district. If you want a quick bite in the morning the train station is right there, also very convenient for day trips to other areas. The food at the hotel is fairly good but you will pay hotel prices. Within 5-10 minutes walk on the main stretch you have everything from Chinese, Pizza, McDonalds or traditional beer halls. You also have nice shopping. The area is fairly safe but I would not let me teenagers go around the train station after dark.

The other thing was the beds were terribly uncomfortable. The king sized bed on the second floor of the loft was two beds pushed together. They should tell people this when they book the room. The beds were also lacking in quality when compared to other Sofitel hotels I've stayed at. The rooms were very clean howevèr.

I also need to comment on the suitcase drop off at the room. This is a two story room. Why do I want to carry a full suitcase up a flight of narrow stairs? I'm paying for a service. This sounds snobbish,, but that is what we are paying for.

It is sad to say that I don't know if I will be back to this hotel, as I really do love the place. It is amazingly convenient, comfortable, and beautiful but the workers are too hit or miss and some of the things that need changing are being changed like the above.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor which was convenient with the stairs that go directly to the ground floo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jmoonesq
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this detailed feedback on your recent stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am glad to hear that our hotel itself convinced you and that we could welcome you again at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. However, I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience the high standard of service that you may well expect from us.

First of all, please let me apologize for not offering you the room you had booked initially. We upgraded you to one of our beautiful duplex Opera suites hoping to offer you a little treat for your stay. As it seems, we failed as this suite does not offer the view in direction to the Alps that you expected. Please rest assured that we have noted your preference for further stays so that something like this will not occur again.

Also, please let me apologize for not answering your request for an early check-in and for the way we handled the situation upon arrival. This clearly does not reflect the high level of service our five stars stand for.

In Germany it is quite common that a double bed is made up of two individual mattresses. However, we are glad to arrange the bed like a single mattress upon notice. Of course, luggage should always be delivered to the upper floor of our duplex suites. I thank you for pointing this out to us. I already spoke to the responsible department head and we are training all our porters again on how and where to deliver any baggage items.

Apart from all this, it is good to hear that our staff members found a way to make your stay, nevertheless, a pleasant experience. I hope that, as a loyal Sofitel guest, you will give us another chance to prove that we can do better. It would be great to welcome you back again at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost.

Eindhoven, Noord-brabant, Netherlands
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed in the Sofittel a very nice hotel, good service and a very good resaurant. The only point of concern is the breakfast of 31 € pp. We thought that the price of the breakfast was to much and should be included int the price for the room. Nevertheless we will go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer different rates, depending on the guest request, icluding some with breakfast included. Our reservation team is always glad to help you find the best option.