“Great location and modern rooms”

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost
Ranked #25 of 391 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the Sofitel Bayernpost in February 2014 for 4 nights.

The location of the hotel is very convenient, it is alongside the train station and walking distance from the city center. Although at night it could be a bit disturbing, as some drunk people gather beside the station.

We stayed at the standard room, which was very modern. Our room had no view at all, it overlooked the otherside of the hotel, so we had the curtains closed all the time. Moreover, the lighting at the hotel is very dim, even when at the room there are red and green lights directed towards the bed, which was disturbing. The bathroom had a sliding door which was not convenient at all.

We had breakfast at the hotel buffet which was for €35 per person. It is overpriced for the selection of foods on display.

Overall, we enjoyed our staying and the conceirge was very helpful in assisting us in planning our trips while in Munich.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank beeanda
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am glad to hear, that, all in all, you had a pleasant stay and that we could help you make it even more enjoyable. I also thank you for the hints that we will consider in future renovation projects.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,917)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was in Munich for one night, I arrived at around 1pm, check in was quick, and the staff was so helpful and professional. The hotel itself is very modern, stylish and very clean. The rooms open up just by slightly passing the room card key in front of a sensor, the rooms are average sized but they're very comfortable, my room had an expresso machine a believe or at least that's what it looked like, bed was very comfortable, bathroom was very nice everything was working.
I only managed to stay at this hotel for one night, but next time that I'm in Munich I would definitely stay here again. The train station is within walking distance on the same block, there are a lot of restaurants, shops and everything else one might need on a stay. I would have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, it is a bit expensive but it's well worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for chossing SofitelMunich bayerpost for your stay in Munich and for letting us make your stay - even though very short - an enjoyable one. It will be a pleasure welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed with my wife at Sofitel for three nights and we were really impressed with the quality of the room and the service. It is a bit pricey but this is a 5-star hotel in the centre of Munich, so what can you expect? The breakfast is very good with a lot of options and very fresh food, as good as home made. The only thing that I didn't really like, and the reason why I didn't rated it Excellent, is the internet connection. It was almost impossible to get WiFi in the room and even with a cable the quality was not that good. I had to work in the lobby. I was not expecting such a low internet quality from this type of hotel. The location is very good, in the centre of the city and plenty of shops around. The tube station is just five minutes away.
If you take a taxi from the airport get ready to pay around €80

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for telling us about your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is great to hear that, all in all, you had a pleasant time in Munich and I thank you for pointing out about the internet connection in your room. Together with our provider, we are currently working on improving the situation. The next time you visit I am sure that you will see an improvement.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel is stylish and conveniently located by the train station, but the rooms are expensive for a hotel at the train station. Restaurant is good. We had a room facing the courtyard - so no privacy with the curtains open. Also the bath area provides no privacy as the blinds don't completely close. Do we really need to see each other use the toilet? Quality of bedding and towels is excellent. Staff very accommodating.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EB502014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. It is very important to us to offer each guest an enjoyable stay. Thus, we offer a change of rooms within the same category if requested should the booking situation allow. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly.
It would be great to welcome you again to show you our other room options.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here upon arriving from the US. The location was great, right outside the train station and a short walk to the old town. We were jet lagged and the bed was wonderful,reminding me of the "heavenly beds" in the Westin.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank golfgal32550

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing! It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Have stayed here twice so far this year - unfortunately only for one night each time. Service is excellent, rooms are beautifully designed with amazingly comfortable beds. Location next to the train station is ideal. Will definitely be back each time I visit Munich.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing.

I'm already looking forward to welcoming you again soon - maybe then for a weekend?