“Munich Downtown”

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost
Ranked #26 of 383 Hotels in Munich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Room is nice - very comfortable bed - small but ok .............the floors are wooden and from 6am I have heard foot steps above and beside me - and furniture moving again from rooms beside me and above (if I move the desk chair I make the noise too !) They should fit carpets in this hotel if you want a quiet night - for the money this is disappointing feature - I am only here for 2 days on business but wanted to alert folk to this rather annoying feature............the Wall also shook when the Maid next door pushed the bed next door again the wall when making it - I could hear her moving around this morning obviously preparing the room after a guest had left - I am a frequent traveller and know how annoying these things can be - BTW Sofitel Budapest were I stayed recently has carpets !

Room Tip: ask to be away from Station side of hotel otherwise you will hear trains and announcments
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay at Sofitel munich Bayerpost. I am sorry to hear that the room you were offered did not meet your expectations. Please note that we offer different kinds of rooms. There are rooms with wooden floor as well as with carpet. For your next reservation please let us know which kind of room you would prefer and we will be glad to arrange it accordingly.

dublin ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Four night stay across a weekend with two other couples. Main positive was the modern comfortable and quiet luxury room on the seventh floor. Also the concierge on duty on the Friday was a charming gentleman who gave us an excellent restaurant recommendation. The staff are friendly but the overall service package is impersonal and not customer oriented. The main complaint we had was the charge of 70 euros for a couple for breakfast. A customer centric hotel would recognise that a reasonably priced continental breakfast is a basic requirement. We resolved the issue by having breakfast across the road at Flemings Hotel an excellent breakfast at less than half the price. Another complaint is the taxi process: on two nights we were told our taxi had arrived and when we walked from the bar to the front door the taxi was leaving with other customers. The front door staff claimed that the taxi on one occasion would not take us on the 10 minute journey to the restaurant. Another night we received a mediocre restaurant recommendation from the weekend concierge. Finally on one night we were asked to move from our seats in the bar area as the area was reserved for conference attendees...they did not show up in the hour we were sitting outside the bar. Enough said!

Room Tip: high floor luxury room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your room on the 7th floor. Regarding the breakfast, please note that we offer different rates. There are also some that include breakfast. Our reservation team is always glad to help choosing the perfect option.

I thank you for pointing out about the taxi situation. This should clearly not have happened. Please rest assured that that we will do our best to prevent something like this from happening again.

It is our most important goal to offer each guest a memorable stay marked by our high quality of service. Apparently this did not work out as we would have wished during your time of stay. I hope that you will give us a second chance to prove that we are well able to meet all your expectations.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

after staying at La Mamounia last week, maybe I was expecting too much but the hotel did not live up to the previous reviews. There is really some good and bad here.

When I arrived on the Friday evening after a long week at work, the check in was really poor. I had to wait, then the clerk at reception did nothing to make me feel at home. I was not told about any of the hotel facilities or where the breakfast was served.
I was treating my mother and she arrived at the hotel shortly after me and received similar treatment from reception.
Beware that rooms up to the fourth floor do not look out directly onto the street. I called reception and to see if they had a room higher. They told me that it was only the luxury room but did not ask if I was interested in upgrading.

The room has all it needs but is very small. The bathroom to the contrary is large.

Breakfast was barely better than in a Novotel.

We used the spa and there the experience was different. Staff was friendly and competent and the facilities great.

Also had a redeeming experience with bellboy who seeing me about to go for a run with a map stopped me to recommend a nice route.

But all in all much you can get much more for your money elsewhere. I will not come back to this Sofitel

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frederic L
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is our most important goal to offer each guest an enjoyable stay marked by our high quality of service.Ii am very sorry to hear that you did not everywhere experience the level of service that you may well expect from us. Please rest assured that we will use your comment to improve our performance especially at the reception.

I am glad to hear that there were however moments that will stay in your mind and I hope that they will help in giving us another chance to prove that we are well able to meet all your expectations.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 April 2014

It's been a few years since our stay but I've recently gotten into this whole tripadvisor review thing, and this hotel truly is memorable. The pool is incredibly unique and makes for a very fun and memorable stay. We also loved the nespresso machine in the room--always a nice touch! We still talk about this hotel and can't wait to go back again someday! :)

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost a few years ago. I hope that we may welcome you again very soon.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Good things: The breakfast was ok. Location was perfect. Staff ok.

Surprise: I expected luxury stay in a luxury hotel, however I got a quite "not fresh room". It was overall clean, but phone tube (see photo) and some small objects in the room were dirty, like somebody with not clean hands used them and they were not cleaned after it. For example, when I took a pen to write down notes, the pen looked like somebody used it to clean an ear... So, this is not a big problem, for sure, but... It was dust in some visible places. So, in comparison with more low cost hotels, it seemed not cleaned well. As a result I decided not go to SPA, because I got idea about local sanitary norms.
Conclusion: It could be ok for 3 star cheap hotel. And maybe I was not lucky with my room this time.

Room Tip: Just check your room before check-in and maybe you will want to change it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your expectations at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. The room is the central part of each stay and thus you make expect perfection not only regarding furnishings and equipment but also when it comes to cleanliness.

I assure you that your expectations were not to high. What you describe clearly does not meet our high standards and I immediately forwarded your remarks to our housekeeping team so that we can prevent something like this from happeneing again.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

I hope that we may welcome you again to prove to you that we are better than what you experienced.