“Great”

Ranked #27 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Sydney, Australia
“Great”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms in the hotel are beautiful and we'll stocked. The nespresso machine is very handy. The staff are very helpful. It's in a central location near trams and trains with great views to the mountains and over the city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trenterus
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for this great comment.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I can truly recommend this hotel. The service is excellent, albeit I found some of the staff a little "robotic" at times but nevertheless helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and luxurious (nice bed linens and good room insulation) with great attention to detail (hermes bath products, macaroons and nespresso coffee machine) - the only problem was I didn't want to leave the hotel.
The spa is excellent with a never ending supply of towels and toiletries and although the pool isn't very large it feels like you're swimming inside a giant nautilus shell and was spotlessly clean.

I would definitely recommend staying here and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William G
Dear guest,

Thank you for recommending us. We are already looking forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost.

Kata Herrmann
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Second time visiting this hotel and once again had a lovely time. Perfect location next to train station, really nice spa area, generally helpful staff. Only issue was an issue I had getting my points allocated to my account at check out. Hotel referred me on to Accor as opposed to trying to sort the issue out themselves. Also any nice restaurant / bar was a bit of a walk from the hotel. Not much around the hotel itself. However the positive way outweigh the negatives!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulc123
Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is a pleasure to hear that all in all you had a pleasnat stay with us and I thank you for pointing out our handling of your issue with your LeClub points. Of course you may expect from us to address such topics, if they relate to your stay at our hotel, ourselves. I am sorry that you were however referred to our customer service. Please let me assure you that I talked about this with the respective department had to prevent something like this from happening again.

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The service is superb from the time we checked in to we left.
The rooms are very nice. Our teenagers had luxery rooms and then had a lot of space and was happy. The junior suite was on two floors and with a view over the city. Excellent. The spa is open from 6:30 in the morning and closes at 22:00. The swimming pool is really a treat. So is the sauna. The breakfast is superb though expensive. I will be back :-)

Room Tip: The suites have view over the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Espen B
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for this great feedback. It is our most important goal to make each guest's stay a special one marked by our high quality of service. Thank you for appreciating our efforts and for recommending us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I decided to stay here after reading the reviews and seeing they had a gym. We are so glad we did!

The hotel is in the perfect location. Right beside the main station and walking distance from Marienplatz. The staff members are very friendly and everyone spoke English. They have a nice little bar that serves tasty bar snacks along with great drinks. My husband had a gin cocktail that was incredible.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable, upscale, and very modern. There is free wifi and although I did not visit the spa, it looked like it would have been a great experience.

I'm pretty particular about gyms when it comes to hotels. This trip happened to fall two weeks before the Boston Marathon and I had to make certain to keep up with my training. I was beyond ecstatic when I walked into this gym. Three high end treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, weights and kettlebells. One of the treadmills wasn't working properly so they got someone in there to fix it right away. The only thing it needed was for someone to empty the trash. In the three days I was there, I'm fairly certain it wasn't emptied once. But I didn't care that much. I was just happy to still be able to do my workouts.

Great staff, great rooms, great drinks, great location. I would definitely recommend Sofitel Bayerpost.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ttalbert21
Dear guest,

Thank you for giving such a detailed feedback on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that your training here helped in finishing the Boston Marathon successfully. I thank you for telling us about the trash not being emptied. Please rest assured that we will take the appropiate measures to prevent something like this from happening again.

UK
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location is ideal: next to the main station, close to the airport bus terminal (walk through the main hall of the station, the hotel is on your right), close to public transport within the city and an ideal place for a walk to the City Hall and the Marienplatz. WIFI was free.
I got an upgrade to a loft suite, a duplex with a downstairs sitting room, ideal for working and chilling out, complete with Nespresso coffee machine and a downstairs toilet. A small stair case leads to the galleried sleeping area, the huge windows create the impression that you are sleeping outdoors.
The set-up is not ideal if you have difficulties walking, the upstairs bathroom is very small and there is no bath, just a shower. A good night's sleep is guaranteed - the Sofitel bedding has become well known and popular that the chain offers the opportunity to purchase it to enjoy at home.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel offers umbrellas which is a thoughtful gesture. The bar is a lively place in the evening, if you want a bit of peace and quiet you can get your drink served in an outside sitting area. I didn't try the breakfast, I prefer the Cafe am Beethovenplatz.
I would come back anytime - and if you check out some of the late room websites you get amazing bargains for this hotel, especially at weekends.

Room Tip: The loft suites on the 8th floor make a great change fom your standard hotel room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ACL3112
Dear guest,

Thank you for this detailed feedback on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. We always try to make each guest's stay a special one. If the booking situation allows we are glad to offer an upgrade to a higher room category. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your suite on the 8th floor.

Best reagrds

Thionville, France
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the Sofitel Bayerpost where the staff was always friendly and ready to help us with any request. The spa is perfect with a very nice and warm swimming pool :o) enjoy a nice massage there, relaxation is ensured!
Even if the hotel is located right next to the train station (usually not the best neigborhood), the location is quite good to visit the city as the center is only a 5-minute-walk away.
All in all, the only negative point is the overpriced beverages (16€ for a glass of chablis!!!) and food... But well, you're in a 5-star-hotel. Small tip... If you want to avoid paying 35€/pers. For breakfast, just order breakfast in your room, it´s excellent and only 19€ ;o)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Voyager5792
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed it and I hope that we may welcome you again soon.