“Cocktail time.!.”

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost
Ranked #25 of 382 Hotels in Munich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel's location is what is best about it. The train station is just next door. One can walk to the Marienplatz in about 10 to15 minutes. The immediate area around the hotel is not so nice but felt safe anyway.

I totally disliked the decor of the lobby. Huge urns and big candles made me feel like I was in a funeral parlor. This was a letdown since various Sofitels around the world have beautiful interiors.

We had 2 rooms - one was a suite and the other a regular room. The suite had both a tub and a shower. There were glass dividers to separate the bathroom from the rest of the room. It was a little troublesome sliding them when one wanted to use the toilet and the shower. There was a king size bed and a sofa bed. The regular room had single beds. No tub but the bathroom was nice nevertheless. The rooms were fine. All beds were comfortable.

This is a good hotel even if the lobby decor is awful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your hints about the decor of our lobby. We will consider it in future refurbishing projects.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just spent three nights at Sofitel Munich. We chose it mainly on the back of excellent experiences at Sofitel St James in London, but I'm afraid this branch wasn't as good. We booked two massages and a facial at So Spa but, instead of feeling pampered and relaxed, I felt a bit like a commodity - the attitude from the staff seemed to be 'let's get these treatments over as soon as possible' - a million miles from So Spa in London, which is superb and worth every penny. There were other niggles with the hotel too. A cup of tea from our first day was not cleared from our room for the entire stay and the 'clever' room cards didn't work leaving me trapped in the lift on the second day. Rather than apologise, a girl on reception asked whether I'd put the card near my mobile phone which can sometimes interfere with it?!? The hotel looks, and smells, great (there are scented candles everywhere) but it didn't win my heart. Sorry.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie R
Dear guest,

Thank you for telling us about your experiences at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is our most important goal to offer each guest an enjoyable stay marked by our high quality of service. I understand your disappointement at the treatment in our Spa. Rest assured that I will talk to our spa manager to ensure best service for all our guests.

Regarding the cup of tea in your room: our houeskeeping team is trained to leave any glasses or cups as they are as long as there is still something to drink in it.

I also thank you for pointing out about your keycard not working properly and apologize for the unprofessional handling of your request.

Please rest assured that we will take the appropiate measures to improve our service quality.

I hope to welcome you again soon to show you that we are are well able to meet all your expectations.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for work earlier in the year, and excellent is the word I'll use. We were there for a work conference, so did not find the time to use most of the facilities, but the ones that we did use, were really really good. The meeting rooms, the food, check-in and check-out, the bar in the lobby, the rooms - everything was super about the hotel. Its right next to the Central Train station, so getting in from the Airport (which is about 40 mins train time away) is super easy. Also, the taxi stand as well as the S / U bahn stations are right here, so getting around town is a breeze.
Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for this great feedback. I hope to welcome you again soon and hope that you will have time to try all the facilities of our hotel.

Thank you for recommending us.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This is my first experience with a Sofitel hotel. My overall experience was a bit disappointed or perhaps I just had my expectations too high. As a five star hotel, there are some basic amenities I expect even if this is Europe. There is no complimentary toothbrush and no hair conditioner. If this were a 3 star hotel, I get that. But a luxury hotel like Sofitel, I was surprised and gave it a frown. I am a platinum member of Le Club Accor but I wasn't quite treated like one. I don't mean I received poor service, but it's nothing special either. Again, for a luxury hotel, I'd expect much more sincere and friendly service. The room was decent but I find the bathroom too dark and tiny. I think I am entitled to a room upgrade based on my hotel membership status but it didn't seem like my room was an upgraded one. It's just a two night stay so I didn't bother to ask. I do appreciate the early check-in as my flight landed at 7am and my room was ready when I got there. All in all, it was an ok experience but really not quite five star service and nothing spectacular. I have stayed in a lot of hotels be it budget or high end since I travel a lot for work and leisure. This is definitely not the best or impressive service I have experienced.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bonster001
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Munich Bayerpost for your stay in Munich. It is our most important goal to offer each guest a most enjoyable stay marked by our high quality of service.

As LecLub platinum member you are also entitled to few a extra benefits like an upgrade if available upon check-in. We always do our best to offer all the benefits, however, the booking situation at times does not allow upgrades.

In case you ever miss anything in the equipment of your room, like the toothbrush or hairconditioner, please don't hesitate to call us. We are always gald to provide you with everything you might need.

I hope that we may welcome you again soon to prove that we can deliver the service you expect from us.

Shoreditch, London
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my second stay at the hotel. I was on business and had no time to do anything other than sleep and have breakfast. I was not particularly impressed as I had a number of issues which could have been handled better.

Check in was efficient but not particularly welcoming. I specifically asked whether the room I had been allocated was a very quiet room and was told yes, absolutely. However when I got to the room it overlooked the railway tracks and also had an interconnecting door - not a good thing from past experience.

I had to rush out as I was late for a business dinner and mentioned the issue. The reception desk staff were not particularly apologetic and appeared to be almost irritated when I told them I had to go out now and had not left everything in my bag so would need to be moved on my return. I even got a little lecture about the level of noise from an interconnecting room depending on the guest!

On my return I did move room. The next room was less attractive than the first in that it was an internal room but it was quiet.

Next issue - the kettle didn't work. I called and it took around 15 minutes for someone to come by which stage I had managed to jiggle around the lead to get it to connect to the power and heat the water. I was promised a replacement lead. It did not turn up so after around 45 minutes when it was after midnight I gave up and put on the do not disturb on.

I tried to order breakfast on the phone and was told I should use the card hung on the door. I explained I wanted a la carte and was met with ok I will leave a note for the next shift and you should get your breakfast. I did get it but instead of orange juice was given grapefruit juice as they had run out of orange juice! Not great.

When asked on check out if everything was ok I explained the issues. I received an apology and was told they would make a note of my preference on a quiet room. An offer to refund the grapefruit juice would have been a more appropriate gesture. But there you go.

Whilst I do like converted buildings this hotel did not work for me - there were some odd and under utilised spaces which did not quite work. The lift lobbies are also very dark as if this is cool in some way. A large number of rooms face into a courtyard or have no external windows. Ok for an overnight stay but not if you are staying longer and want plenty of light.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SuzanneShepherdess
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such a detailed comment on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is great to hear that we could already welcome you twice. However, what you describe does clearly not reflect the service our five stars stand for.

I understand your disappointment at what happened and at how we addressed the issues you mentioned to us. This really could have been done better and I assure you that we will train our team again on a more guest oriented behaviour.

I hope that you will give us a chance to prove that we have improved our performance.

Kayl, Luxembourg
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great design with "Zen" effect - comfortable and tastefully designed rooms - nice staff - very good room service - excellent location near the Main Train Station and also closest to S-Bahn, tram-, bus- (both public and sightseeing) stops - a taxi stand is in front and the old city and shops are within comfortable walking distance. we did not regret our choice and shall return

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for recommending us. I am already looking forward to welcoming you again soon.