“Go elsewhere”
Review of Jaeger's Hostel

Jaeger's Hostel
Ranked #14 of 78 Speciality Lodging in Munich
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Overall, a dreadful experience. Stayed in a 6-bed room with two friends and paid close to 60€ each. The bathroom was disgusting and smelt of vomit and urine and the shower was leaking all over the floor. The beds were squeaky and particularly uncomfortable and sleeping well was made impossible by this and other travellers in our dorm who were very noisy. The wifi was also temperamental and the optional buffet breakfast at 5€ was not worth the money. Would certainly not return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I arrived on time on 5/5/14 for a 5-day prior booking. I was immediately told that I was too old to stay there (I am 68) because the age limit is 35, although they do have a room for 35-45's. This proved quite serious, as EVERY hotel in town was full, due to a big eco-fair. I did find a room for that night, but had to come home the next day.
To add insult to injury, although I had turned up on time, and THEY had cancelled my booking, they took a total of £740 off my credit card.
BE CAREFUL OF THIS AGE RESTRICTION

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Douglas J
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The location was great and our private twin room was clean. Thats it. The beds sucked, they weren't comfortable at all and they had plastic mattress protectors which was quite noisy when you would move. The pillows weren't even pillows, they were quarter full. The internet barely worked which was very frustrating! The washer and dryer were crap, they only had two of each in the hostel and had a coin system which barely worked. They have the same instructions in both laundry rooms but one dryer was a totally different model to the other and when I went down to reception to inform them that the instructions didn't make sense, the guy at reception made it out that I was stupid and said the instructions were quite simple. Yes they were simple when referring to the right model! So yeah won't be returning here next time I stay in Munich considering we paid so much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Salie H
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hostel has a great location and the common areas are nice. The dorms are nice, with big lockers for your stuff. I was in one of the 40 bed dorms, and they're sort of divided into smaller areas, so they don't feel as big. The bathrooms are pretty disgusting, though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you like to make the most out of your travelling, including having a pleasant time at your hostel when you're not out sightseeing, then this isn't the place for you.The staff minus maybe two of them were just cold and made no effort to even act like they enjoyed working there. The bar is a sad excuse for a hangout place compared to the euro youth hostel next door, where we hung out more than Jaeger's. Their bar was poppin' while the bartender at our's was standing there eating his noodles.
The 40 bedroom was a nightmare(not completely their fault), and if you don't lock your stuff up, things WILL get stolen. Pretty sure the male janitor was walking around in the ladies shower room more than I was. One night, I went to ask a question to a guy at the front desk about one of the 100 flyers posted up everywhere and I was told to "look at it yourself" after he clearly did not listen to my question. Breakfast is overpriced for what you get, and wifi was in and out every time even in the lobby. I do regret choosing this hostel for my four night stay, and hope anyone who reads this will rethink their potential decision to stay here. I really don't like bashing places, but I felt it was necessary to do my part and warn fellow travellers.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed in there for a couple of nights in the 8-bed dorm. It was spacious, there were no shortage of power points, the staff were friendly, but that's about it that I have to rave about. The bed wasn't very comfortable, the laundry room was pretty dirty, and the wifi is such a pain to use. It would probably be decent for a place if you're not expecting much from it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I just got back from a weekend in Munich with a group of friends staying at the Jaeger's hostel and unfortunately had a nightmarish time. We awoke after the first night to find we had all been bitten by bed bugs. We immediately went to the front desk who did not seem very concerned that the beds were infected with bugs. Along with two of my roommates, we were moved into another room and told we would get compensated with shots of Jaeger for our trouble...Too bad it doesn't work like that as the bed bugs no doubt followed even after we had dried all of our clothing and suitcases. The next two days were miserable as more bites continued to show up each day. I thought that maybe we were just unlucky but since the weekend two more friends have found bites on them as well. There was no attempt to reimburse any amount of money for the rooms and the offered Jaeger shot seemed quite pathetic. Also, when we first were moved out of the room, there were still three people staying there and no attempt was made to disinfect or move them as well. It's unfortunate that this had to happen because the staff seemed nice and the breakfast was enjoyable. However, I will never recommend this hostel to anyone and will be more than happy to share my experience with them.

Room Tip: Beds filled with bugs