“Friendly and welcoming”

Eurostars Book Hotel
Ranked #34 of 383 Hotels in Munich
“Friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Definitely enjoyed our stay here, a warm welcome and good facilities made for a very comfortable trip. The room was comfortable and a good size, the shower was huge and excellent.

A nice, stylish and friendly environment.

The walls are very thin but we were at the end of the hallway so it wasn't too bad, near the lifts or with noisy neighbours it would be unpleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is a new hotel in Munich which has a very lovely appearance and ticks a lot of boxes. I was pleased to see this was where I would be staying as my taxi pulled up to the door just before 1am, Munich time.

As usual, I will categorise my review:

Service: I found the service friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze, I was too tired to care much beyond getting my room key so the next morning I picked up my map and the lovely girl at reception showed me where the main square and all the Christmas Markets were. Each person I spoke to was extremely friendly and helpful and the service cannot be faulted at all.

Sleep Quality: the bed itself was comfortable. I was travelling solo so had no problem with the fact that my double bed was two twins instead of one whole double but couples may want to take note of this. They are pushed together but I am not sure how that would work to be honest. Unfortunately, noise levels were bad. I could hear every thumping step from above me and every door opening and closing. Furthermore, the maid was none too quiet in the morning which was a shame as I wanted a lie in after my very late check in the same morning. I did eventually fall asleep but staying asleep in the morning was not too easy. As far as street noise, there was none - the main problem was the internal noise. This unfortunately detracts one star from the rating.

Cleanliness: superb. Everything was impeccably clean and the hotel is very new so all amenities and common areas were lovely.

Location: brilliant. Within 10-15 minutes walking distance from the Christmas Markets and the Main Square and all main amenities - postal boxes, restaurants, etc etc. The main station, Haupbahnhopf, is within 5 minutes walking distance. It services the airport as well.

Value: This is where it falls down a bit. I paid €199 for two nights and this did not include breakfast. Breakfast was an extra €18 per morning. That is extremely pricey! I skipped it and instead found breakfast either locally or at the Christmas Markets. Apart from that, the value was fair. WiFi is included for free - the only annoying thing is that once you connect, you do not stay connected. It constantly drops out after a very short idle time and you have to keep reconnecting. I found this a small inconvenience but it was otherwise fine.

Miscellaeous: the hotel restaurant is only open Monday to Friday, which I find very strange for a hotel in the heart of a city that receives many visitors per year.

Overall, I could recommend this hotel for a short stay and if you are not a terribly light sleeper. It is well presented with its only let downs being the very pricey breakfast and the noise factor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where no one is above you!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Krinkles28
italia
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This hotel is new and looks very stylish, rooms are good size and bed is confortable, bathroom is quite akward because it's separated in 3 pieces by 3 doors: shower, sink and toilet and it's not very smart and confy. It's 20 min walk from the city centre and 10 min walk from the train station.
The problem with my room was the noise: walls are paper thin and you are surrounded by the noise of other rooms and from people on the corridor, in the morning it's impossible to sleep till late also because of the maid ladies cleaning other rooms. For me the sleep quality in an expensive hotel is a must because if I choose to pay more I expect to have a different quality from a cheaper option on the premises. If I will come back to Munich I will choose another hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank italyItalia
Bundoran
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Like the last reviewer we also booked via the Travel Zoo special. Overall I think the hotel was fantastic value and deserves a much higher rating on Tripadvisor. I think because it is very new and had a couple of moderate reviews before all the glitches were ironed out it is lower than than it deserves but if it continues to provide the current level of service and standards it will climb up the rankings. Before arriving I had also arranged some flowers for my room for my wife's birthday and the bouquet supplied was beautiful and exceeded my expectations. Thank you Nuria.

A party of eight, we stayed here from Sunday December 2 until Wednesday December 5. Given the hotel’s location beside the Hauptbahnhof and within walking distance of Marienplatz it was very reasonably priced and the facilities were well above expectations. The rooms were excellent with large comfortable beds, lots of space in the bedrooms, a quirky style and one of the best hotel showers I have been in. They were perfect for the leisure tourist.

The lobby bar was well stocked and specialized in different Gin and Tonic mixes and while it was expensive we had a deal for 15% discount that we completely forget to avail of, so its a little ironic that its the only complaint I have. Breakfast was very good with all the choice one expects of a four star buffet breakfast – fresh fruit, cereals, hot meals a wide variety of bread and cereals, cold meats and fish, pastries and a range of coffees and teas. The hotel also had a sauna which we never sampled, although it was one of the reasons we picked the hotel. Finally, and crucially, the front-of-staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: We had five rooms - four on the fourth floor and one on the sixth - and all were excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
West Midlands
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Spent 3 nights at this hotel in November 2012. We were very impressed so much so that I can only think of one thing that could have improved the stay.

It is a very new, modern hotel and our room was large and comfortable with all the extras you'd expect in a 4* hotel. Flat screen TV, hairdryer, free safe, tea and coffee making facilities, an extensive range of toiletries and a mini bar. It's location is just a few minutes walk from the Hauptbahnhof (main station).

We booked through Travelzoo and so our deal included a free welcome drink - anything you wanted from the bar, and as many soft drinks as you wanted from the mini bar in the room, you only had to pay for alcohol. The drinks were replenished daily.

Very clean rooms and public areas and an excellent breakfast buffet in the dining room with hot and cold food offering something to suit everybody.

Staff were friendly and welcoming.

Although we didn't make use of the facility ourselves, there is a small gym and a sauna in the hotel which are available free of charge.

The one thing I would have liked was a drawer in the room to put my smalls in. That was the only negative. I would love to stay there again and would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Munich.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Overall a good hotel. Had to wait over 1 1/2 hours for one of our rooms, and only after asking 3/4 times did we finally get our keys. A little bit too hot in the corridors, but was able to control heat in room, just about. The breakfast was 18 euros, a little expensive, but you could have what you wanted from the buffet and as much as you wanted. There is no drawer space in the rooms and not enough hangers to accommodate two people. The toilet seat cover in our room hit you in the back every you sat on the toilet, most annoying, and the kettle lead was too short so we had to put the cups down to fill with the hot water. Our tea and coffee was only topped up once and we had no spoon to use. Distinct lack of English Channels on the TV, only news channels in English. Drinks at the bar were expensive, but you expect that everywhere. Lack of bar staff on hand, had to keep asking at reception for a drink. Beds really comfortable and extra pillows delivered within 20 minutes of asking. No iron or ironing board in the rooms. Free wifi for our stay but had to keep logging back on every few minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Lovely and modern hotel in a good location.The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and the room was extremely comfortable. The shower was amazing! Overall we had a lovely weekend in Munich and the hotel definitely added to that.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple