“Good food, poor service”

Zwickl - Gastlichkeit am Viktualienmarkt
Ranked #19 of 3,793 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Went there wit my wife a couple of days ago. Food is typical Bavarian food with a modern feel. We had the meat balls and roasted pork and it was delicious, however the service is terrible. We made a reservation online in order to avoid any waiting, but once we got there, the waitresses first mentioned that it was to late and they were not taking any customers and after a mentioned that I had a reservation, they begun looking at each other with a blank stare as if they didn't know what I was talking about. After a few minutes talking to each other in German they agreed to sit us...very inconvenient.

There are newer reviews for Zwickl - Gastlichkeit am Viktualienmarkt

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing. It's the best food we had in Munich. Indescribably delicious. I had the spinach cheese balls and my fiancé had kasespitzle. Definitely give them a try. You should stop by and make a reservation the day before as they get busy.

2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a very good meal at Zwickl, with the beef and pork meatballs being the stand out of the evening. The service was good and it was a great atmosphere. Very good value for the money.

1  Thank Fortheus N
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were staying in Munich for two nights and went out for an evening meal here. The food was very tasty and really good value for money, we can recommend both the meatballs and the roast pork. Our waitress was very friendly and could speak English very well, so any queries were answered easily. We enjoyed the meal so much that we came back for more a week later when we were just passing through Munich on our way home from Austria. This time the food was just as good but the service was even quicker! I would recommend that you book as it can get busy quite early.

1  Thank SamH2255
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This restaurant serves a somewhat limited option of food (my only negative) but what it does offer is great. It serves traditional Bavarian food in a light and restrained fashion. I as a German enjoyed it tremendously, sometimes Bavarian food can be heavy and over the top. This is classier and in my opinion more enjoyable. We were incredibly surprised that this style of classy food was available for such a good value.

1  Thank occTraveler2014