“Business visit to Munich”

angelo by Vienna House Munich Westpark
Ranked #17 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Business visit to Munich”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was in Munich on 10th n 11th Oct and I stayed at the new hotel ANGELO. I must admit I was more than satisfied with their service and standards. I recommend this hotel for business travellers. Its very well located ( only 400 yards from the HARRAS underground station).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel has a pretty convenient location with free street parking and a paid parking option. Clean and new colorful design.
It is a huge hotel with endless halls to walk, yet the standard rooms are quite small, they could barely hold the crib for my son. Another big problem is that the bathroom has no bath tub, shower only, not good for the kid...
I used the gym and sauna facilities: small but very clean and well thought out.
Breakfast was really good, despite the lack of attention of waiters towards finding clean tables for the arriving customers.

On the last day, as we were checking out, there was a nasty smell of sewer throughout the ground floor and reception, no explanation...

Also note that the internet connection through WiFi is free, but extremely tedious and frustrating: it is regimented like I have never seen anywhere else: you need to login every hour with your name and room number, you are limited to 2 devices (hello, we are in 2013 and there are a lot of phones and devices to connect!!) and the minute you check out, no more connection!! Oh and it is painfully slow, just good enough for email. So you have been warned..

I did not pick this hotel, this was a priceline bid, and I have to say, it is pretty good overall, but there are these flaws in execution that made the stay quite unpleasant...

Room Tip: awfully long halls to walk, try to get a room close to the elevators...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
angelo_Designhotel, Geschäftsführer at angelo by Vienna House Munich Westpark, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear User FPinchon,

thank you very much for your comment. Not all our guests take their time to provide us with such detailed feedback and we are especially grateful.

We are improving our services continuously and therefore forwarded your comment to our heads of departments. We are reliant on our guests feedback and therefore will gladly discuss your suggestions.

Dear User FPinchon, we would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Westpark.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had an EXCELLENT stay at the Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark. The staff was very helpful and nice all the time, the room was very comfortable and breakfast was very good.
It has a tram, subway and train station very near and in 5 minutes you are in Marienplatz.
We definitely recommend this Hotel for a nice and comfortable stay in beautiful Munich.
O.G.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Just back after three nights at the Angelo Westpark with my wife and would stay there again with no hesitation. It's bright and colourful, with friendly staff and excellent breakfasts.

The staff did always assume we were German before apologising and talking English, but that's more our fault for travelling to a country and not knowing the language.

The hotel is clearly used a lot by business people and companies, but don't let that put you off. The whole place was spotless.

Our room, although a long walk from reception (room 366, furthest away possible), was very clean and bright with an excellent bathroom and walk in shower. Some may moan about the lack of English TV channels, but I didn't go to Munich to watch television.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, but the food in the bar was great. We ordered a pizza late at night after arrival and it was well worth the money.

The hotel is also a five min walk from Harras underground station so it's really easy to get in and out of town. You're five stops from Marienplatz, which takes around 10 mins.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gee D
Dear User Gee D.,

thank you very much for your feedback. Your comment is a great support in consistently testing our facilities and service.

We are really glad that you liked our bright and colorful design as well as the location close to Harras station. Furthermore we want to hank you for your comment on our friendly staff.

We would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Westpark.

General Manager & das gesamte angelo Team
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a warm and comfortable hotel, in the Harras area of Munich, and thus a bit far from the action for me. Whilst getting into town is not difficult, it is tedious, and I would generally prefer to be in the city centre.

This being said, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were most obliging when I showed up very early, and found me a room straight away. The rooms are large, with nice bathrooms and a bit of space, and we will get to the decor later, but the beds are firm. The breakfast is ok, all a bit dried out for me, and not much fruit, with good baked goods. Internet connection is adequate, though the free service no good for sending larger files, and you will have to cough up for something better, which I think is unacceptable. I used the cardio machines and sauna on one occasion, and whilst limited, they were very pleasant.

The really distinctive feature of this hotel is the decor. If you dislike red, or feel it too aggressive, then you will hate this place. If you are a blue person, then I suggest going elsewhere, as the dominance of the red/black/yellow thing is quite something. However, in a world where most hotels look exactly the same, I rather liked the script on the carpet and the transparent lights, and whilst the ambience can be a bit threatening, overall it seems to work. Look for a complete redesign in 5 years when this looks rather dated, but for the moment it is a bold statement even if, for me, in the wrong place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked into Angelo Hotel Westpark primarily for its location, as it was walking distance to the Oktoberfest site. At £220/night for a twin room during the festival we found this to be very good value.

Excellent location, walking distance (15 minutes) from the festival site.

This maybe a fairly new hotel, but it was truly immaculate, I have stayed in many hotels over the years, the communal areas, elevators, restaurant, bar were all spotlessly clean, our room was immaculate and never before have I seen such a shine in the bathroom. Great breakfast inclusive of the price. Beds very comfortable and a very hot, powerful shower.
The only bad thing was the Wi-Fi, slow connection for free, if you wanted a fast connection you had to pay (really in this day & age).

The staff here were great, it cannot be the easiest thing when pretty much 90% of your clientele have been to the beer fest and are drunk, very drunk sometimes, but these guys were always smiling and always eager to help.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, whether it is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MatSnow
Dear MatSnow,

thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate your time and effort to provide us with such a detailed comment.

We are glad that you were satisfied with our facilities and especially with our staff. This is a great compliment for all our employees. We hope, you had a safe trip back home and enjoyed the Oktoberfest and the Bavarian traditions.

We would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Westpark, whether during Oktoberfest or on other occasions.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I am here, in Munich for a convention. Munich is as lovely as always. I booked this hotel over the net. I paid over 300 usd for one night including breakfast and wi-fi. After a very nice dinner,
I returned to the hotel. I searched for that lousy bottle of water which is always a complimentary. A bottle of water ! I called the reception and asked for the slippers which were supposed to be somewhere in the room and also that bottle of water. He was surprised about the slippers question and he suggested that I should go to the market for the water. Now, when you charge over 300 usd for a room anywhere in the world, you give the customers more then water and slippers. And a lot of smiles and polite behaviour. Service sector requirements can easily be handled with good intentions. I am sorry, but altough the hotel is good, I rate them poorly because the personnel is not trained well enogh for the Service Sector'

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank MGY-traveller
Dear User MGY-traveller,

thank you very much for your detailed comment. Your feedback is a great support to improve our facilities and services.

We are really sorry that you were not satisfied with our services. We understand your anger and apologize that you felt mistreated during your stay. We forwarded your comment to the persons in charge to avoid such situations in the future.

Dear User MGY-traveller, thanks again for providing us with such detailed feedback. We would be glad to welcome you once more at our new angelo hotel Munich Westpark and to convince you of our service quality.