“Comfortable rooms and helpful staff”
Review of Rivoli Hotel

Rivoli Hotel
Ranked #199 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable rooms and helpful staff”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was My first stop in Munich, and as I was traveling alone for the first time I was a little nervous. I arrived in Munich at 6am and went straight to my hotel to leave my luggage. The girl at the desk was very friendly and assured me that they could have a room ready for me earlier than 2pm if I wished, which was very reassuring. On arriving in my room I noticed it hadn't been cleaned from the person previous, however as soon as I closed my door there was a knock and it was cleaned for me then. I didn't have problems with the heat but it wasn't super got when I arrived in Munich. A quick train trip to the city and reasonable wifi made it an easy stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed for 1 night as part of the tour group. The hotel is small and a bit far from the city center but close to the train station. Only one elevator available that can fit 4 averaged size people, packed together like sardines without luggage or carry on. WiFi is free and available in the lobby only. The rooms are small, clean, nice, with basic needs. The bathroom is clean with basic needs. It was hot in Munich, so we looked for an air conditioning unit in our room. To our surprise, reception said there's no air conditioning unit built in this hotel. Well, we asked for an electric fan instead, and they gladly sent us a standing fan in our room. The staff was friendly and very kind enough to meet our needs. Breakfast buffet area is very small, good for 1 bus of tourist only. Food is basic, eggs,bacon, coffee,juice, cereals, sausages, good enough for us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RPRF
Reviewed 21 June 2013

From the outside, this place looks nice. The hotel presents well in general. The breakfasts are nice, and the location is good-really close to a train station.
However.....one massive issue is that there is no air conditioning! When we stayed, the temps were mid 30s, and very humid. But there was no chance of cooling down in the room. Further, our room was at the front of the hotel, meaning heavy traffic. So sleeping at night was difficult when we were sweating, and the only way of getting air is through an open window out on to the busy road out front.
Oh, and instead of alarms waking us up, it was the cleaners who attempt to get in pretty early!

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in December 2012. This hotel is less than a minute away from Harras station which is accessible to the city centre (Marienplatz) within 5-10 minutes. Upon arriving the staff were very helpful and the check-in process was a breeze. Throughout our stay the staff were happy to answer any of our questions about how to get around Munich and any enquiries we had on the hotel. Our double room was more than enough for two people. It had a kitchenette area (although tea and coffee making facilities would have made it even more perfect) with a mini-bar and more than enough space for us to store all our luggage as well as a large ensuite bathroom. Wi-Fi was accessible in the rooms (just ask for the code from reception).

Would definitely stay here again. For the price you pay, this is a great value hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Good value for money hotel. Nice breakfast.
Clean and modern rooms.
Next to underground station and only 3 stations away from centre.
Very nice breakfast. Quiet and practical hotel. I would recommend It to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank AmrAbdallah
MUNICH
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The hotel is a good hotel less than 1 min from Harras station. Has a very good breakfast and a lot of variety of cheese and salami, the staff was all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and are medium size but for 2 people was enough. I would have appreciated if in the rooms they include a kettle and some tea. But overall we had a very nice stay and I would recomand it to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Clean, friendly staff, nearly Harras U+S station (10 minutes far away from Marienplatz).
Breakfast enough to start a day. Free WiFi but you must ask to reception (you receive a code for it). A little bit "noisy" if you have a street view. Smokers rooms available.

Room Tip: Rooms on back view are quiter