“Good hotel with good service”

Novotel Munich City
Ranked #51 of 383 Hotels in Munich
johnshaft2000
“Good hotel with good service”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here recently for a stag do. They accommodated us very well and were helpful and provided good service without. They balanced us well with the mix of other guests and I thought we got a really good deal for the amount we paid. I would definitely stay again. Only suggestion would be free wifi but most German hotels don't seem to offer that.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North East
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights 4/5 May, got the train from the airport very easy but 10 euros each, one way!!! We took the S8 and it took about 35 minutes to the Rosenheimer Platz, we followed signs to the Novotel from the station and were there within 5 mins.

Check in was fine, have to agree about the staff, didn't seem to know what they were doing as we had booked a Superior Room we were given a Standard Room and I had to point out on the confirmation that we had paid for a Superior. I had also noticed on the website that Superior Rooms come with a free mini bar but when we asked about this again the staff were unsure!!!! As predicted when we checked out they tried to charge us for it!!!!!!!

The hotel is about 10/15 mins walk to the Marien Platz and it suited us fine as we would rather the walk than be in a hotel in the noisy main square. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that we bought our own items from the supermarket in the train station.

We did use the pool and found this a nice change for a city hotel! It was a very pleasant area though we did get told off for talking in the quiet room (which we didn't know was a quiet room obviously!)

Would recommend this place if you want somewhere nice within walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: Get a superior room for free mini bar
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My compagny used this novotel a few time, and i alwas had deception: Staff is too young and inexperience to face professional situation, wifi is expensive like hell, and location is not s great. This only thing correct is that the hotel is clean....BUT once I brought a customer in this hotel, adn they forgot to clean his room...this was a disaster for my business and we did not receive any written appologies from this hotel. So if you can avoid it..feel free!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
WOKINGHAM
Reviewed 4 May 2012

After the previous night in Cologne we were expecting to be impressed and we were not disappointed. The Hotel had a very pleasant ambience, the reception staff were pleasant and helpful and the under-hotel garage allowed direct access to all floors. It was suggested that we had the buffet dinner but in retrospect this was probably a mistake. The a la carte menu certainly looked more interesting. This will not however deter us from staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Looking through these reviews, I'm just wondering if I have the right hotel. The lobby and staff are nice and all, but the room ? I had another hotel overbook and boot me into this place. I'm paying 209 Euros for this? YGBFKM. I have to go down the hall to use an iron? There is no sheet on the bed, just a comforter? I even had maid service check and they said that's how they always do it. First hotel that I've been in with no sheet. Maybe I don't get out enough. Multiple stains on the carpet. Tiny room. Nasty furnishing. The bathroom is nice, but I'm not planning to spend a lot of time in there. Hoping the beds are more comfortable than they look and that they actually launder the comforter between guests since there is no sheet to launder.

As much as I hate to give business to a hotel that reneges on my reservation, I'm going back to the other place for day 2 and day 3 and will find somewhere else for my next trip.

Let's hope the bar and restaurant are good. Maybe it will help me forget what I'm sleeping in/on.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark_trip922
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and was very pleased with the hotel & staff. Breakfast was brilliant and the room was very good. Bed was comfortable and no complaints. Only downside was that we booked the hotel as it had a swimming pool but when we were there it was shut. This had not been communicated to us until we arrived.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple