“Great Room”

Novotel Munich City
Ranked #48 of 388 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great location - not far to walk to Marineplatz. Staff friendly. Bed was really hard so did not provide the best night's sleep. Nice touch was the 2 free bottles of water.
Great to have wifi access free.
Couldn't print my boarding pass from the computer in reception which was somewhat stressful - I assume it had pop up blockers, also had to wait rather a long time as children were using the computers and their parents clearly didn't care that they kept logging back on at the end of their 20min session, with people waiting.
Overall though a great stay.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very nice hotel and extremely good location with walking distance to the station and 2 stations away from Marineplatz. Ideal location with a mall next door. Rooms were quite big ideal for families with kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rehan07
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Generally i don't mind staying in Novotels, as they offer good value and are always in a decent location. But for the Novotel Munich city, i would avoid this hotel.
Reason being: location is a little suspect, rooms are ok but small, FULL of tours groups, long waits for service because of the before mentioned point and general lack of ambiance in the hotel.
We are not hotel snobs and stay at alot of hotels like this when travelling for business, but this was not a pleasant experience and would not be staying here again when in Munich.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel V
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great staff, great location and great buffet breakfast included. Call me a snob but the bed was as hard as a rock, very small bathroom, had to pay for wifi as the free was very very slow. And had no extra pillows or blanket in wardrobe - in fact you couldn't really call it a wardrobe - it was just a bit of hanging space. Room was non smoking but someone clearly before me had smoked in there from the ash on the window sill. The Novotel at Brisbane airport was better than this hotel in Munich City. Bar and restaurant staff were friendly and very accommodating, it's a pity the room and it's amenities let down my stay !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

First of all, let me preface this review by saying that we are probably considered hotel snobs. You might consider this as pertinent information or not.
My husband and I took our 3 girls (16,15,11) to Europe this summer. We had stayed in an apartment in London and also in Paris. I decided it might be nice to stay in a hotel when we got to Munich so we didn;t have to mess with fixing breakfast and our rooms would be tidied. I researched hotels for weeks before deciding on this one. The main reason I chose this hotel was because they had a family package at the time with adjoining rooms and breakfast included. I definitely wanted a hotel with breakfast included.
We took the morning train from Paris to Munich and arrived in Munich mid afternoon. When we got to the hotel, the girl checking us in looked a bit worried and began conferring with another staff member and then another one! I thought, "Oh my! They don't have rooms next to each other!" But her concern was that we would be angry that only one room was ready because the other one was being cleaned. We said no big deal! We'll leave our luggage in the other room and go to the grocery store for a bit. The HIT grocery store is right inside the S-bahn station which is right around the corner from the hotel. We had fun browsing the store, which is very large, and bought some fruit, cheese and bread. The rooms have fridges so you can put your food and drinks in there.
The breakfast is great. They have eggs over easy, also scrambled eggs, pancakes, fruit, cereal, yogurts, sausages, bacon, tomatoes, pastries, different breads for toast, jam and jellies, and little teapots to take to your table for tea. They have machines for lattes, cappuccinos, etc. They have hot chocolate for the kids and will bring you your own coffee pot for your coffee so you don't have to depend on them to refill it.
The A/C worked well in the rooms, which was important because it was a bit warm when we were there. I can't imagine not having some A/C. My husband and I and our youngest daughter slept in one room. The couch folds out to a bed which she said was comfy. The other 2 girls slept in the room next to us. We left the doors open between our rooms and it made it nice to go back and forth between them. Now, I must say, it would be a tight squeeze for 4 people to be in one room. I would recommend getting the family room (2 adjoining rooms). But that's my opinion since we are not used to the small European rooms.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The pillows are a bit soft but you can ask for an extra one if you need. The ONLY thing we didn't like was that the door to the bathroom was not solid. So, when I got up before my husband to shower and get ready, the light shown into the bedroom. Bring some sleeping shades.
The staff were always nice and helpful while we were there (August 7-12). The check in was easy and the check out was quick, as well. We came to Munich by train and left by train to Zurich. We had no trouble getting to the main train station. It's only 4 stops from the hotel. Also, the S-Bahn trains in Munich are much wider than the ones in London and Paris, so it;s easy to get all your luggage on the train. We worried about this since we had 5 suitcases. There is NO WAY we could have taken them on the metro or tube.
We took tours through Radius Tours while we there and their office is at the main train station so very easy to get to from the hotel. They were professional and we enjoyed the tours we took. The German people were nice and so very helpful when they saw us standing around looking at a map. They would stop and offer help.
Would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would recommend trying to get a room NOT on the 1st floor. That way you avoid people noise from wa...