“Very new, clean and spacious. Close to all Services”

Novotel Suites Munich Parkstadt Schwabing
Ranked #79 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 31 July 2007

My fiance and I stayed in this hotel for one week during a period of 5 weeks of travel around Europe. I have no doubt we would both say this was the best hotel we stayed at during the whole period of time.

The design of the bathroom was great. Very modern design and very functional.

The design and layout of the bedroom was also very good.

The only drawbacks I can comment on are that internet access in the rooms did not work (there was a pc to use in the foyer) and being on the first floor we were rather close to the dance party they held on a Friday night before we left.

Hotel was excellent value for money at under 600 Euros for the week.

There was free coffee and tea of a morning but we did not take advantage of this.

A Taxi cost us about 60 euros from the Airport.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2007

This is a really pleasant hotel to stay in.The rooms are great and full of design characteristics that make the most of the space available. Very clean (ok its a relatively new hotel) and rooms in great condition.

Thankfully it even has windows which open (for us non AC lovers). However, one down side to this is that if you have a room inward facing (to the courtyard) it can get noisy when groups of people are there and the windows are open. I discovered this at 6am on a Sunday when a group of rowdy tourists waited for their coach for an hour. Maybe management should alert guests to doing this at such an early hour? That aside it's in a quiet residential area.

Free breakfast is placed by the lifts (be quick) or pay for one downstairs. The cafe in the Ibis opposite is excellent and great value, quite big servings and top service too.

Parking in the hotel garage is safe & secure so no worries. Parking on street should you be lucky enough to find a space.

Downside? Its not exactly ideally located for public transport though both bus and UBahn can be reached in a 10 or 15 minute walk respectively,

Staff were very polite and helpful.

All in all a really great place to stay. You shouldnt be dissapointed here unless you are very very peculiar.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam_44_StateofEU
Reviewed 9 April 2007

I read all the great reviews and decided to stay in this hotel. On the plus side: The room was quite spacious by European standards. It is situated in a quiet neighborhood which is an up and coming buisness area. The rooms have both a bathtub and shower as well as a separate toilet. The rooms come with a microwave and fridge as well as electric kettle for making coffee or tea. Croissants , tea and coffee are served in the morning whic are complimentary. Free internet is offered on the computer in the lobby and the staff are very friendly.
On the down side, if you have a room which faces the partner hotel-IBIS which is part of the complex, the lights from the IBIS will shine in your room at night. There are panel type window coverings which you can slide over the windows, but some are opaque and do not totally block out the light. If you are someone who likes complete darkness when you sleep like I do, you may find this a challenge to get used to. Next, if you are traveling with children, the spare bed pulls out from under the the bed. My son loved it, but the maid kept forgetting to leave sheets for it, so we had to ask. I do not think the duvet on the bed is changed very often as it is heavy like a a bed spread on one side (most hotels I have stayed at in Europe have a cover on the duvet which is like a sheet which is changed every few days if not daily.) Though the duvet was not dirty, I had the feeling that I was sleeping under someone else's covers. The lobby offers a no smoking area for you to sit in when you have a drink from the bar or have the continental breakfast, but if there are several smokers in the smoking section, you definitely can smell the smoke. Several times when I used the internet, I returned to the room smelling as if I had been smoking.
The last down side was the television. Since I was traveling with my 12 and 15 year old sons, tv was important for those down times when we were not sightseeing. The only partial English channel was German MTV. We got our fill of "Pimp My Ride" and "Nexxt", a dating show. I would have like to have at least seen BBC or CNBC or something.
Overall, the hotel was nice and I would probably stay there again, but I would bring my own top sheet and some DVDs for my lap top( if the kids were with me again).

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Tyroltrekker
Reviewed 7 April 2007

Last time we stayed in Munich, it was in a hostel and we promised ourselves that our second visit would be in more salubrious surroundings. The Suitehotel certainly looked good on paper and we got a very good deal of 80€ per night if we stayed 4 nights.
We had a vague idea of the location of the hotel, but the street names did not appear on our map. We found it by accident after wandering around a bit in the general area we thought it was in. The reason the street names were not on our map was that they are still under construction and the hotel is effectively in the middle of a building site.
Certainly the rooms are everything the previous reviewer describes, and much nicer than most hotels of a similar status. The nearest underground station is Alte Heide on U6 which runs directly to Marienplatz. However, it is a good 10 minutes walk to the underground, and not one I would make on my own at night.
A better option is to use the 123 bus at the stop near the hotel on Mies van der Rohe Str (every 10 minutes) this bus runs to Muenchner Freiheit underground station which gets you into the centre.
The hotel provides free coffee and croissants until 11am.
There is a very useful little shopping mall not far away. You go out of the hotel to the right and it is only a few hundred yards past the construction site.There are a couple of supermarkets, a chemist, a bakers and a restaurant.
We loved the hotel and made the most of being there, but the location made things a bit difficult.
Munich is huge and there is a lot to do. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelhilly
Reviewed 18 February 2007

This was my second stay at the Suitehotel and it certainly won't be my last (I'm in Munich on a regular basis, since I grew up there). The rooms are very spacious and someone clearly spent some time developing the concept.

The rooms are quite clearly sectioned into the sleep area (with access to the bathroom, which features a shower AND a bathtub!) and the "work" area with a couch (which can double as a third bed), a big table/desk and access to the toilet (so nice that this is separate from the bathroom!).

The room also features a small sink, an electric kettle, a fridge (mini-bar size, but empty, so you can actually get your own stuff to put in) as well as a microwave oven. You can purchase microwave meals at the "Boutique Gourmande" in the lobby if you like, or (cheaper option) at a supermarket.

By means of movable partitions, the room can even be separated, so that a person working at the desk won't disturb a sleeper (or tv watcher) in the other section. The tv is on a wheeled rack and can be moved to wherever it's needed, so you can actually watch tv while you soak in the bathtub, if that's your thing.

Service is really nice and not as "stiff" as you often see in other hotels. Staff uniforms are T-shirts rather than suits and ties and the staff clearly enjoy working there.

The hotel officially rates at 3 Stars, but you will find it is actually a lot more comfortable and pleasant than most 3-star hotels.

The ONLY thing that annoys me there on a regular basis is the ridiculously high price for internet access. There is Wireless LAN (provided through Vodafone, so you need an account there) in the entire building but there's also wired hi-speed access in the room (bring a long network cable, theirs is only about 50cm long). This is charged by the minute (at EUR 0,20 /min up to EUR 19,90, which will then buy you 12 hours or so), so if you stay a few days and need to work a bit every day (like myself), you will run up quite a bill during your stay. Yes, your company will probably pay for it, but the price still feels very disproportionate.

Having said that, the hotel's room prices are very reasonable indeed for the service they provide.

Breakfast is extra and sort of self-service, but available round-the-clock, as is everything else in the Boutique Gourmande, so no need to go hungry (or thirsty) when you get home from the clubs in the middle of the night. ;-)

The location is not central, but quite easy to reach both by car (you can par in the residential area outside or use the public garage below the hotel for an extra fee - EUR 8 per day) and public transport and you'll be in the famous Schwabing nightlife area of Munich in no time at all. Even Taxis to or from the centre won't cost a fortune.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo
5  Thank Andischatz
Reviewed 15 December 2006

One of my clients is in this sprawling office complex, so my primary interest was being close to them. It is a good 15 minute trip by taxi to the biergarten, and there isn't a great (or at least intuitive) transit system by this hotel. But if you need to be in this area, or if you are looking for comfortable/affordable accomodation near Munich, then this is a great bet!

I saw several rooms from the people I was staying with, and they are all the same. The rooms are very clean (maybe a little anti-septic), and very large (I am used to London standards!). The bed was nice, the bedding was a bit sparse, and the desk was well-stocked. I had a separate toilet from the shower, which was fine (would have been more useful if I was staying in the room with someone).

The staff was very plesant, and the overall stay was great.

If most of my business was in central Munich, then it would have been annoying to commute so much, but if you're spending your time in the suburbs, or if you are on a budget, then give Suitehotel a try.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank jeremymmason
A TripAdvisor Member
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 29 November 2005

A really wonderfull hotel located just 15 min. (5 to walk and 10 by train) from Marienplatz. All the staff is very friendly and willing to help you at any time! The new concept that the hotel offers (you pay 89 EUR per day for a 30sq.m. suite) is really fantastic. It was the first time while travelling that we wanted to return a little bit earlier in the hotel and spend some time in our amazing room!!! From now on where there is a SuiteHotel it would be our only preference!!!

• Stayed: November 2005