“What a stay, what a service, what a breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schiller5 Hotel

Schiller5 Hotel
Ranked #10 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Brussels, Belgium
“What a stay, what a service, what a breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

A gem in Munich's hospitality landscape. The Owner and the Managing Director personally pass by every day at your breakfast to recommend in-the-know- info about the beautiful Bavarian Capital. I have seldomly seen a breakfast prepared with so much precision, love and care. Chapeau!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Benjamin T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel owner comes to chat every morning with the custome rs(only speak german though :)). Breakfast is great. Location is olso great it is only 5-10 min walk to old town and main train station is next door(s-bahn and metro). Only down size is that there is some weird people hanging in the area but their are harmless. We wore traveling with 1 year old.

Room Tip: 602 is great if you want to noise free room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Schiller 5 was a great find and one of my favorite hotels during a 3 week trip throughout Europe! I traveled with my family and we all enjoyed our stay.

The location was really good. It is right next to the Hauptbahnhof and an easy walk to the Marienplatz. The street itself is a little sketchy (i.e. a few strip clubs), but it didn't bother us as the hotel isn't very far down the street. And luckily the hotel is set off of the street with an inner courtyard, so we didn't hear any street noise!

As soon as you walk in, it's easy to see that the hotel is well taken care of by the owner (who walks around each morning during breakfast to check on his guests). The rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. The bathroom was smallish, but the shower pressure was strong (and that's what I care about!). My boyfriend and I had a room on the 6th floor and actually had a decent view over the city (the rooms on the lower floors did not). They even left a small bag of Haribo gummi bears on the pillows!

And finally, the breakfast was delicious! One of my favorite parts about traveling in Germany is the wide range of meats, cheeses, and breads at breakfast, and Schiller 5 did not disappoint! The food was fresh, tasty, and varied. The waitresses take your coffee order as soon as you sit down and are friendly and attentive. Wish I could have this breakfast at every hotel!

Would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very central hotel at a small street not far from Bahnhof or inner City. I had a room at 6th floor, quiet and nice and space. Couldn't sleep with open windows because of noise in street but A/C in room. Great breakfast and nice staff. Internet worked well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not against street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank AndersPH
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my favorite hotel of our two-week trip! Schiller 5 is like a European Kimpton! Our room was spacious and super clean/modern. I loved the sleek design! The bathroom was a bit small but shockingly the shower was very spacious. We didn't have breakfast included in the price so we didn't try it but it looked amazing. If we had more time, we def would have eaten there one of the mornings.

This hotel has a nice sitting area with free coffee, snacks and wine. They offer laundry service and have a self-serve laundry room. I could hang out at this hotel all day! It's exactly my style.

I didn't love the staff though. The day gal always seemed frazzled. She would freak out if we asked her anything. Plus out of the five hotels we stayed in, this was the only one that would not let us check in early. We got there at 11 and we knew it was a long shot. They said to try back at 2. We came back at 1:45 to get out of the rain and they still couldn't find a room for us! That's like an hour and 15 mins early. There were really no clean rooms? When we asked the second time, they flat out seemed annoyed (even thought they told us to ask again).

As others have said, the location is all sorts of shady. The block the hotel is on isn't terrible but getting around the corner on your way into town is brutal. Tons of sketchy dudes and crippled homeless people that would literally scoot in front of you so you either fall over them or feel so bad you give them money. Once you get around the corner, it's fine though.

All that being said, I loved the hotel's concept, design and rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank carolyn r
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I were very impressed with Schiller 5 during our visit last month and I would definitely recommend this hotel. The main reason we selected this hotel was for the breakfast and it did not disappoint. There was a wonderful selection of food each day and some of the fresh fruits and jams changed between days. Overall there is so much variety and food that you should be good for a week or so without getting bored. You can also order a variety of coffee drinks from the wait staff, so be sure to ask!

The location was excellent and just a few minutes walk from the Hauptbahnhof (you can get to Schiller street from the underground walkway if you walk down near the food court area). We were able to get to Marienplatz in just about a 10 minute walk and it's perhaps a 10 minute walk to Theresienwiese going the other way from the hotel - very convenient!

The room was well appointed with free Munich beer, juice, water (bubble and non) which are refreshed each day. There is also a little candy on the bed each night which is a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable and we even asked for info on the bed and were given a detailed description of the model and how to contact the company. The bathroom was on the small side, but adequate. Nice Tivoli radio as well (I enjoyed Radio M94.5 FM).

I feel like I am gushing, but it really was a very nice stay and we appreciate the kind attitude from the front desk, dining area, cleaning staff, and the owner. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to see it rise higher in the TravelAdvisor rankings since I think it is deserving.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor facing the parking area and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a single room during Oktoberfest. It was sufficiently roomy, very clean, and cozy. Best of all it was close to a great bar four doors down and walking distance from the tents m. They also have a decent breakfast, helpful reception, and good housekeeping staff. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends