“Receptionist Manner”

Ranked #69 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Ankara, Turkey
“Receptionist Manner”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I actually booked the hotel for my parents. The last night of their stay, they were supposed to wake up at around 3 because of early flight at 6.55. I went to pick them up from the hotel. At the reception, I told the receptionist that I came here to pick my parents up and I should go to their room because of their luggages. Without asking anything he told me NO in an offensive manner. He even didnt ask my name or my id to let me in. After a while of discussion, I gave my id to him and he checked it from comp and let me in.(because I booked and paid)(without saying sorry or apologizes) In the early morning, this happened to me and you should guess how my remaining day was.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite well to stay but be careful during night check-ins because receptionist may not...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear canertong,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

I´m really sorry and I want to apologize for the behavior of my staff. Certainly he did not want to be rude to you but only guarantee the savety / sleep of the guests staying with us.
Immediately after getting your feedback we talked to all the staff fron the frontoffice and took measures not to make thing like this happen again.

Hopefully the remaining day was not too bad for you.

Kathrin Weiß

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Munich is a wonderful city first of all - and is certainly not short of a few high end Hotels.

However I decided to stay in Flemings for a night as I was working in the City. Certainly the location is good for the central station and there's a taxi rank a few metres away in front of the Meridien.

My welcome was friendly and check-in/out was efficient. The room was well-fitted out [ including the famed glass shower ] with quality toiletries. Breakfast and wifi were included in the price which was reasonable for both the centre of Munich and also the time of year. You can walk to the Old town from the Hotel.

Finally - as I was on my own - I had Dinner in the Hotel bar and read my book. That was a very pleasant experience with both the welcome/service and food being excellent.

The only minor point is that it would have been better if there was the ability to make a cup of coffee in the room . I do like a cup of coffee when I wake up !

That said for the price I paid it was very commendable indeed and I'll come back again to this well-run Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear dvdstv,

thank you for taking the time and giving us a feedback!

Great, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Just a little tip for your next stay - book one of our studios. you will have a great room than and coffee/tea for free in the room!

Hope to see you back soon!

Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband had a meeting in Munich and this hotel was recommended since it was a short walk to the conference. This is a very nice hotel. The breakfast buffet was OK. If you order eggs from the waitress it cost extra. Just beware. The room was small--you could reach around and touch a wall. The shower is glass enclosed and in the middle of the room. So---you must like the person you are traveling with! The internet access is VERY slow. My husband was beside himself. So just beware. We ate in the casual restaurant a couple of times and were very impressed. I guess from my review it should only get 3 stars, but I really liked this hotel. Thus, 4 stars and we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river A room higher up might help on the noise. And...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cliffview12
Dear cliffview12,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor. Great, that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Let me say one thing - the eggs at breakfast are included - they are NOT charged extra. You can have as many different types od eggs you want to have for breakfast. I´m really sorry, that you got a wrong information. Just try it at your next stay!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Absolute greatness. Everything worked out as well as it can ; the room was superb, it was clean, the breakfast couldn't get any better, and the staff was class ! Not to mention the location of this hotel next to the railway station. The speciality was the shower that was a glass - kind of box almost in the middle of the room. Everything in this hotel was trendy. Fell instantly in love, and I'm coming back soon !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Toppsen
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Wow, ... what can I say.
Dear Toppsen, thank you very much for this outstanding feedback! It´s so good to know, that you felt comfortable whilst staying with us.
Hopefully we may welcome you quite soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

We used to live in Munich so we are quite familiar with the city. When we go back we look for a hotel that is centrally located, well priced and has friendly service (this is hard to find but slowly it's getting better). Fleming Hotel fits the bill! From the super friendly and accommodating staff to the super clean rooms, we had a wonderful stay this last visit. We were able to check in before regular check-in time: no problem. At breakfast they were able to accommodate my request for egg whites only: no problem. And Their coffee is fantastic. We couldn't be more pleased. We'll definitely be back. Hopefully by then they will have worked out the kinks with the wi-fi (it's quite tedious to have to re-connect each time you access your device).

• Stayed June 2013
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear TobaniSeattle,

thank you very much for your brilliant feedback! Good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a good starting of your day with our Fleming´s breakfast.

Hope to be your homebase soon again! :-)

Best regards,

Kathrin Weiß

P.S.: We´re are already testing new wifi systems for our guests! :-)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. This is the best hotel I ever stayed in munich ever.
The woman in the front desk was very wellcoming, gave all the information I had to know. The room is really big and have everything you need in it. Also it is near hauptbahnhof it is still quite in the room. It was 35 degrees celsious this day and the aircondndition worked perfectly. The room is very very clean and the bed is so comfortble! Breakfast is from 6:00 which is very important if you leave early for the airport. A lot of shops and restaurants in the area. I ate dinner in the hotel and it was delicious with good price. A very intimate feeling in the restaurant.
I am for sure visit this hotel the next time. I also recommend this chain. I stayed in this chain hotels also in Vienna and Frankfurt.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Michalstern,

wow, thank you very much for your gorgeous feedback! It´s good to know, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We´re looking forward to welcomeing you back to one of our Fleming´s Hotels soon!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Spent 5 lovely days here with my wife. Check in was fast and friendly. Room spotless and we both loved the shower! Breakfast although not the biggest selection I’ve seen, it was one of the nicest breakfast, as it had everything we wanted and hot stuff cooked to order. All the staff was very friendly and eager to look after your every need. Gym was better than expecting; had a good range of modern equipment (please put a photo on web sites). Wellness area was cosy and quite during our stay. Wireless was weird they give you a free ticket which gives 10 hours access. If you leave your equipment on you will have to return to reception for another ticket. But turn off you Wi-Fi and it will last forever! Internet speed was slow but I know they are addressing this soon! If you need anything like an extra pillow just ask and they will bring one up to you. Didn’t spot any ‘hotel information sheet’ (not that we needed it). Location across from railway station is perfect. We plan to return one day soon.

Room Tip: Just ask if something missing or not right for you
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CliveCox
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear CliveCox,

thank you very much for your brilliant feedback!
We´re more than happy, that you and your wife enjoyed the stay with us!

Hopefully we may welcome you back to Munich soo!