“A good hotel in a great location”

Fleming's Hotel Munich City
Ranked #67 of 382 Hotels in Munich
“A good hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at Fleming's one night while on a roadtrip through Europe. The staff was informative and nice, especially one younger guy who was extremely service minded.

The room was a real treat. Very modern and tastefully designed. I absolutely loved the integrated shower/bathroom part! The shower is practically in the bedroom, and that's probably a good thing to know before booking a room with someone you aren't very close to. Shower also functioned very well, and felt clean and fresh.

Bed was good, and I slept very well. The bags of candy on the pillows was a nice touch. Actually really good candy, for once! Pillows were a bit soft for my taste, but I've heard that other pillows can be arranged.

I booked on short notice and sadly got a room where smoking is allowed. That is probably also good to be aware of, that you cannot be guaranteed a non-smoking room. However, I opened the windows for a while and wasn't that disturbed by the odor in the room.

Also worth mentioning is that there are lots of heavy doors in the hotel. Can perhaps be troublesome for guests with disabilites, but otherwise it should be no problem. Wifi in my room was very slow too. No big concern for me, but may be for others.

Overall I'm very happy with my stay. The location is super, value is good and it's a very modern hotel. I would probably stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Johan_Norlund,

great, that you enjoyed your stay with us and than you gave us such a good feedback here on tripadvisor.
We immediately took a note in your profile, that you prefer nonsmoking rooms, so we can block a room for you as soon as you make a new reservation.
Hopefully we may welcome you back to munich soon.

Kathrin Weiß

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com and the price and location were exactly what I was looking for.

Pros: location, price, room size, clean, free wifi, breakfast

Cons:
- Wifi Internet was terrible. It was free, which is great, but I was hear for business and needed a more reliable connection.
- Make sure if you are sharing the room with someone that you are comfortable with showering in front of them. For some reason they decided to make the shower all glass and put it almost in the middle of the room.
- If you come here in the summer, be aware that European A/Cs don't cool as well as those in the US. I am sure the hotel thought I was being a picky American but it was pretty warm in the room when it was hot outside.

Overall this is a nice hotel and in a prime location. Since it is across from the main station you can get anywhere you want just by hoping on a train, s-bahn or u-bahn. I have been told by my co-workers that this hotel gets expense and packed with drunks during Oktoberfest.

Room Tip: Choose the superior room and you get a free mini-bar. It is stocked with water, sodas, juice and be...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear RoadRashTX,

thank you very much for giving us a feedback here! Feedback from our guests is always very welcome since we´re always working on our guests´ complete satisfaction.
Good to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We´re already working on a faster wifi system than the "normal" ADSL. Hopefully we´re getting the glass-fiber-cable internet connection soon. Then everything will be way faster than at the moment.
We´re looking forward to welcomeing you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our entire family stayed at this hotel in July for 10 days and could not have been happier. PERFECT location for walking around Munich or taking tours by train or bus. Breakfast were amazing and the staff went out of their way to make sure my teens got heaping plates of bacon every morning. It was a great way to start the day. The rooms were very quiet - especially considering our location by the station - and spacious. My husband and sons required fitness facilities and were pleased with the Fleming's offering - just what they needed to keep up with their workouts while abroad. The only thing missing was a pool which would have been nice to fall into after long days on the road in gorgeous summer weather (not a drop of rain the entire trip!). We have neighbors who are traveling to Munich for the Christmas markets in December and we already told them Fleming's was a must. We had read some reviews about problems with the wifi but we definitely put it to the test and had no issues whatsoever. Thanks Fleming's!

Room Tip: We had one courtyard and one street and both were great. We were on the 1st floor and loved it, eve...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear baileysue11,

wow... what a super feedback. Thank you! It´s so good to know, that you liked our "Fleming´s way of hotel".
Why don´t you come back at christmas? We´re looking forward to seeing you again soon.

London
Reviewed 1 August 2013

To start with the positives - the staff at this hotel were unfailingly polite and helpful. They always smiled and said greeted you as we arrived/left the hotel each day.

The location is good if you are getting the train from the airport or visiting anywhere by train during your visit (Dachau for example) the hotel is opposite the exit to the train station. We could also walk to the old town within 15 minutes (or get the tram as this also stopped just outside the hotel). It is also within 10 minutes walk of one of the biggest and nicest (in our opinion) beer gardens in Munich - Augustiner-Keller.

The breakfast was decent and plentiful. Our room was large and the shower was good (despite its unique design!)

However, this hotel was very much let down by its appalling beds and pillows. I have never stayed anywhere with such terrible, flat pillows! It made me wonder how old they were. The bed was extremely soft as well. I barely slept either of the nights we were there. There was one spare pillow in the wardrobe which I gave my husband as he suffers from severe back pain.

Added to this, the air conditioning was useless ( I had it set to 5c and it barely did anything!) - during 30c heat you really need decent air conditioning. Its definately the worst Air Conditioning i've experienced.

Sadly, quality of the beds and air conditioning are two of the most important things to me in a hotel and this hotel really disappointed me. My husband was less concerned about them so I imagine its a matter of deciding whats important to you personally.

Should the hotel sort out these two issues then I would stay again, but if not I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear The2explorers28,

thank you very much for giving us a feedback here on tripadvisor.

We´re really sorry, that you couldn´t enjoy your stay to the full.

We are aware of the fact, that we can not meet all degrees of hardness with one type of mattress but we did our best to find a mattress for our beds which is neither too hard nor too soft.

Just order some extra pillows from our pillow menue at you next stay. We for example have a `Good nite´ or `Sleep safe!´ or `Sheep dreams´ pillow. Just let our front desk staff know.

We´re very happy, that you were happy with our staff.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My favorite part about the hotel was the staff, I dealt with the woman behind the desk several times and she was very helpful and made my stay easier. The rooms were also very nice, the shower is definitely interesting but nicer than the tiny hostel showers I'd been having for a few weeks. Yes the bed linen wasn't wonderful but the bed itself was comfortable. A bit more expensive than hostels for sure but for my last few nights in Munich it was a nice stay, almost didn't want to leave my room.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Laura J
Dear Laura J,

thank you yery much for the great praise for our staff. We´re really happy, that we coul make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was excited to stay at this hotel based on some reviews I read on TripAdvisor but I was quite disappointed once I spent some time here. To wit:

1. The bed and sheets are terrible. Very low quality. I generally don't complain about beds (most will do) but these are noticeably cheap and uncomfortable.

2. The neighborhood is terrible. It is right by a nice train station but the area around it is quite seedy (sex shops, casinos, a lot of street people). I was solo but I would candidly be worried about a woman staying in this area.

3. The rooms are passable. They are clear but the furniture is cheap. Shower is fine. Kinda stupid they way they just put it in the open area but I guess that is 'cool' to some people.

4. I needed to check out a night early and they wouldn't let me go without paying 90% of the last night. Really piss poor customer service.

5. Breakfast buffet is terrible. Tables not bussed, the meat looked nasty, poor service, etc.

You can find a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear AdamLowey,

we appreciate the effort you have taken to inform us about your experience as guests such as you enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected and improve upon them.
We are sorry to hear that you did not feel at ease with our beds in our hotelrooms. We are aware of the fact, that we can not meet all degrees of hardness with one type of bed but we did our best to find a mattress for our beds which is neither too hard nor too soft.
We also talked to our restaurant an kitchen staff to avoid the things happened to you in the future.

Best regards,
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I actually booked the hotel for my parents. The last night of their stay, they were supposed to wake up at around 3 because of early flight at 6.55. I went to pick them up from the hotel. At the reception, I told the receptionist that I came here to pick my parents up and I should go to their room because of their luggages. Without asking anything he told me NO in an offensive manner. He even didnt ask my name or my id to let me in. After a while of discussion, I gave my id to him and he checked it from comp and let me in.(because I booked and paid)(without saying sorry or apologizes) In the early morning, this happened to me and you should guess how my remaining day was.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite well to stay but be careful during night check-ins because receptionist may not...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear canertong,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

I´m really sorry and I want to apologize for the behavior of my staff. Certainly he did not want to be rude to you but only guarantee the savety / sleep of the guests staying with us.
Immediately after getting your feedback we talked to all the staff fron the frontoffice and took measures not to make thing like this happen again.

Hopefully the remaining day was not too bad for you.