Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City
Ranked #60 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at the Fleming's Hotel from August 29 to September 3. It was conveniently located (don't let the somewhat bleak surroundings fool you. Yes, there are shady characters hanging by the train station, but they didn't bother me... and I was a woman travelling alone!), very clean and conforable. The continental breakfast was good. Some of the employees seemed nicer than other, but everyone was polite.

1  Thank MissBelette
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear MissBelette,

it´s a pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay and our Fleming´s breakfast and your hotelroom was to your satisfaction. Thank you very much!
We also appreciate the feedback regarding our staff. In order to improve, we stress this matter with highest priority.
Hopefully we may welcome you back to munich soon.

Kathrin Weiß

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Location, fine. Near the train station, about 15 minute walk to the main part of town. If you want a posh drink the Sofitel is across the road and it has a nice bar. The hotel is really for B&B. Breakfasts the usual continental. Some staff are a bit cold, some nice. Car parking fine, bit hard to locate but that's not unusual for European city centres.

Main problem: the insanely annoying bathroom light! The bathroom has glass walls so full visibility (not the WC, I hasten to add) from the bedroom and the bathroom light is switched on when the power master switch is on. So if you want to charge an appliance overnight, you won't sleep in the glare. It's ridiculous.

The pillows are tiny, order more immediately.

Room Tip: Order pillows and ask them to take the fuse out of the bathroom light!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmandDee

Dear EmanDee,

we truly appreciate that you have taken the time to effectively summarize your impressions of our hotel. Did you try our Autum´s Special Coctail "ZweBi"? It´s a very tasty cocktail with plum, pear and Fleming´s Secco.... you will not get a better one in the neighbourhood! ;-)
For environment protection we decided to regulate the powersystem in the rooms centraly with a main switch at the door. Then all the lights turn out when the keycard is removed - except at the powersocket at the writing desk. This one is working all the time!
Please forgive us the poor behavior of our staff. This is normally not the case. We will make sure, that all employees are aware of these point.
We hopefully may welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel ,v.good location , cooperative staff , modern rooms ,transparent showers,in front of train station and burger king resturant.I enjoyed my stay there for 4 nights.Houskeeping was not good,bathroom design need 2 persons love each other too much

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Eltawdy
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear eltawdy,

thank you for your feedback! Hey, you really enjoyed everything in our hotel! That´s great. Please tell me what was wrong with housekeeping. You can reach me anytime under k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com. I´m looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed for only one night at this hotel, chosen because of its proximity to Munich's main train station. My deluxe double turned out to be perhaps the largest hotel room I've ever had. I wish I had had more time to enjoy it.

The room was a duplex with a living/working area downstairs and a sleeping loft accessible by a circular stair case. The shower (glass enclosed and visible from from the living/working space) and main bathroom were downstairs. There was a second WC upstairs.

The room appeared to be a smoking room as there were ashtrays. However, there was no evidence of smell. The room was spotless.

I had one small problem during my stay, which was attended to immediately and cheerfully. The desk staff were great. An extensive breakfast was included in the package and the breakfast area was lovely. The hotel also features a restaurant. My dinner there was quite good and the service excellent. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel.

As others have noted, the hotel is right across the street from the train station, making this hotel ideal for travel connection by rail or air (you can catch lines 1 or 8 of S-Bahn, which will take you to the airport).

1  Thank DadaCabaret

Dear fishbone96,

what a pleasant feedback! :-) Thank you! We´re more than happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us an that your day started good with our Fleming´s breakfast. Also thank you that you compliment our staff... we told them immediately after reading you feedback! This is the best motivation ever!!

Hopefully we may welcome you back to munich soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. While I love the location, don't expect too much regarding the internet, hospitality, and amenities.

Although the hotel provides free wifi, good luck with the wait. It's like using the internet from he 80s. In addition, they will not tell you about the Internet, you have to ask and make sure you tell them how many gadgets you want to use the wifi for. It's one password per gadget.

In the room, there will be no iron, nor tea makers. This was not a huge issue for me. However, what I didn't like was the attitude from some of the staff members. You have to be careful and research everything before you go to Munich. Nobody is going to go out of their way to help you. They all act like its your responsibility to know everything. For example, I booked two rooms through hotel.com. One smoking and one nonsmoking. When I arrived, the lady didnt communicate to me that there is no smoking allowed in any of the rooms. When I asked her later on, she said there was no smoking Rooms available which changed everything and led into an argument. The point was that I was willing to suck it up but i wished she told me ahead of the time (during my check in). However, instead of saying a simple: sorry for the inconvenience, she said: it's not my responsibility, there are no smoking signs everywhere. Instead of being humble and try to improve on their hotel management, they act like they can do no wrong.

Although my experience at this hotel was not superb, doesn't mean you won't, just be careful and do enough research before you go.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Shirls65,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

Great, that you liked our comfortable location in the heart of Munich.

We´re sorry to hear, that you were not satisfied with the way our staff was working. Immediately after getting your feedback, we talked to our staff and took measures to not make this happen again in the future.
Regarding the smoking rooms - we only have 10 of them left in our hotel - we do our best to achive all our guests wishes. Unfortunately all smoking rooms were occupied at that time. That´s why you got two nonsmoking rooms. But of course you are right - that needs to be communicated. On the other hand, all our nonsmoking rooms have a nonsmoking sign on the door and even one on the writing desk.

We also thank you for your feedback regarding our wifi. We are aware of this challenge and already working on improvement. 3 of our Fleming´s hotels are already testing a new system for our guests to use the internet. We´re also trying to get a fiber glass internet connection for our guests. Hopefully you can try it within your next visit.

Just a little tip for your next stay - just make a reservation for one of our maisonnette studios. Here you have tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

All the best for you,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed there for 11 nights. The hotel is located almost directly in front of the main train station, and not far from the old city center (approx. 15 minutes walking). The room had an adequate size, sleek design and good sound isolation. Ate breakfast there 3 or 4 times, not because the food was not of my liking (it was), but because late breakfasts would stay in the way of my day trips around Munich. Staff was a highlight in my stay: friendly, willing to help and efficient. Now the cons: even though it's conveniently located, the hotel's neighborhood can be described as somewhat seedy. Not that it's their fault to blame. Big chain hotels such as the Sofitel and the Meridien were also located in the same venue, which probably just reflects some zoning limitations. Air conditioning was a bigger problem: even though I adjusted the temperature control for below 15 degrees Celsius, to balance the warm weather outside, central A.C. prevented it from going below 20, what be fine for a normal day, but not sufficient for a hot summer week. Finally, I noticed some wear and tear in the bathroom towels and in the bedside lamp. I didn't care much, but considering that the hotel styles itself as a design hotel styles (which in fact it is), more attention should devoted for this kind of detail. All in all, a good solid choice for solo travelers in search of a mid-range hotel close to the city and within minimal distance of the train station and daytrip destiny. Would come back and stay there again.

3  Thank Rafael331

Dear Rafael331,

thank you for your graet feedback here on tripadvisor.

We´re really happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Regarding the towels, we immediately passed your comment to our head houskeeper. She took care, that all the damaged towels are withdrawn from circulation.

Hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Location was good, a block from train station and about 20 min walk to the center.
The shower very modern and open to the bedroom, and that's probably a good thing to know before booking a room with someone you aren't very close to is your roommate. Hotel is neat and clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear vkrombach,

wow, what a great feedback! We´re happy, that we met all your expectations with our Fleming´s style and that you had a great time with us during your stay.

We´re looking forward to welcomeing you back to our hotel soon!