“Good business hotel. Great location”

Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City
Ranked #61 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for business in March. First time to a Fleming hotel but I was impressed. Great service at the reception when I arrived, helpful on local area and restaurant recommendations.

Rooms are spacious and well laid out. Showers are glass encased and in the room. Didn't bother me, I was staying alone. And wouldn't matter if a family shared. But, if you're room sharing with someone whom you'd rather didn't see you shower in all your glory then this will be a problem. You couldn't for example share with a work colleague. Toilet is separate so no issues there.

Bed was 2 singles pushed together which still to this day drives me potty when you request a double room. However, I was staying alone and it was comfortable so no biggie for my stay.

Rooms are huge, mine was spotlessly clean and the condiments were of a high standard. A/C, WIFI, TV all good and easy to use.

Location is brilliant. Right in the centre of town, close to underground metro station. You can walk to the thereseinweise if you're going Oktoberfest or can walk to the marienplatz. It seemed a clean and safe part of town to me as I walked back from my evening with colleagues at 11:30pm

Breakfast in the morning was a little disappointing. Buffet style, continental in that it was only croissants, ham cheese etc. But it was quite small in options I felt personally and the service I also found pretty ordinary. It wasn't a major issue, but it brings the mark down to 4 and not 5 stars.

Overall I'd recommend. In fact, I'm taking my partner and our son back for the Christmas market in December.

• Stayed: March 2014
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you very much for your most recent comment on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Fleming’s Hotel Munich-City. Its city centre location and the spacious rooms are truly benefits our guests may enjoy when staying here. We are looking foreward to welcome you and your son again in December for the Christmas market.

Best regards
the team of the Fleming's Hotel Munich-City

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Fleming's is a lovely hotel in the centre of Munich.j It is a 1min walk from the train station and 8 of so mins walk from the main central area which is full if shops, bars, restaurants, a market, etc.

The hotel itself is lovely, always very clean and tidy and the staff always very polite and helpful and willing to offer advice and suggestions on places to go.

The food in the bar is the same as in the restaurant and the prices are average for city centre hotel restaurants. The quality of the food however is way above average - always well cooked, well presented and a good sized meals.

The rooms were very clean, large, modern, airy and bright with windows almost the full width of the room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom modern and functional.

There is no tea or coffee making facility in the room but there is a minibar and room service will bring up hot drinks.

All in all, a very pleasant stay in a very nice, very well located hotel. When going back to Munich, we will certainly stay there again.

I left the hotel a nice review on the review cards and totally unexpectedly a few days later, I received some chocolate and a note through the post. This is a hotel that cares about it's customers. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to the train station- actually about a 5 minute walk. Since two out of the three days we took day trips, it was very handy. It's about a 20 minute walk to Marienplatz, but it's right by the U-Bahn and tram if the weather is not good or if walking long distances isn't an option.

We thought the hotel was very nice and the breakfast was great. Also, I liked that we got free wi-fi, which is not always the case! The desk staff was friendly and the waiting staff was helptul and nice as well. They all spoke great English. We felt like it was a good deal with our package.

The only hiccup was that we thought we got United points for staying there, but that's only if you book directly through the hotel. Kind of annoying, but not that big a deal.

The beds were pretty standard for Germany. We had the standard room, and it was two twin beds placed together with separate duvets. We slept fine- there was a little city noise at night but not too bad.

The shower situation was fine for us (the see-through glass that everyone is talking about) since it was my husband and me. However, it might be a consideration if you are traveling with a friend or child. I guess the other person could step out for a few minutes, but that's kind of inconvenient. Otherwise, we liked the shower, the towels were good, and the soaps and lotions were from the White Company- very nice.

I did notice that there was no coffee maker in the room, but this was not a big deal since we got free breakfast and just had it there. They left some apples and gummy bears in the room as a snack for when we checked in.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel. Even if you aren't using the train, it's not too far from the main attractions. If you can find a hotel that's a little closer to the action, it's probably going to be expensive. Plus we felt safe and were happy with the location. A lot to do and a yummy gelato place a couple blocks away. :)

Room Tip: See if you can get a room not facing the street. Not sure if these are more expensive or not. The ci...
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed for two nights and found that the hotel was everything we were looking for. It was in a great location close to the Hauptbahnhof and also within easy walking distance of all the main tourist attractions. The beds were comfy, although in the typical German way there were two separate mattresses with a slight gap in the middle which can be a little annoying when you're used to a proper double bed. The shower in the room won't suit everybody but didn't bother us.
The minibar was included in our room price and contained soft drinks and beer. It would have been nice for one or two miniature bottles of wine to be included for non beer drinkers. I also liked how a tray of fresh apples was provided, making sure I got at least one of my 5 a day!
We were a little lazy and didn't manage to get up in time for the breakfast so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Only share with someone who you don't mind seeing you shower!
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We crossed the road from our room in the Sofitel three mornings in a row to have a lovely and reasonable breakfast at Flemings, served by the charming Melissa. Modern decor and a good option for snacks or lunch too. Next time we will stay at Flemings!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Second stay at this hotel for my wife and I 2 years apart and the service was still great friendly reception staff who were very welcoming. The breakfast was very good lots of variety. Very nice rooms handy location we would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A nice hotel with the shower wall next to the bed! Close to the train station; we visited during Octoberfest and could easily walk to the "tent" city for beer and food. We walked to Mairenplatz as well and enjoyed the safe location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Peggy P,

thank you for your review. We are pleased to read that you have chosen our hotel when attending the Oktoberfest. With our central location, we are always in the midst of the events and only a few steps away from the pedestrian promenade.

Hope to welcome you back to munich soon.

All the best,