“Excellent hotel in every way”

Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City
Ranked #62 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 13 October 2008

The Hotel offers pretty much everything you need for a nice holiday. The staff is friendly and the rooms are tidy and has a modern interior design. The location is great, just about one hundred meters from the central station, so it´s easy to get access to the subway etc.

The wellness center offers you training facilities and two different saunas where you can rest after a long day. The breakfast was very nice with good service from the staff.

From the outside, the Flemings Hotel does not look very special. But inside the lobby you get the feeling that it has something good to offer.

I will return here the next time I visit Munich.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 October 2008

I booked 1 night at Fleming's Hotel as a birthday treat for my girlfriend. We both agreed that the hotel was an excellent place for a weekend in Munich. Its right next to the main station with easy access into the old part of the city (a ten minute walk).

We had a room on the first floor which was quiet and spotless. Everyone has commented on the showers! Personally I thought they were great and made the rooms feel much more spacious.

The breakfast was pretty good. Typical 'continental' style and included in the price.

I would definitely recommend the Flemings for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2008

After reading favourable reviews on tripadvisor.com I decided to book into the Flemings for a night in Munich. The hotel turned out to be fantastic. The rooms are contemporary, clean and feature a glass bathroom that others have mentioned.

It's just a brief walk to the centre of the city and is a great base for seeing the many lovely sights that Munich has to offer.

The parking facilities were excellent and the minibar was pretty well priced. The staff were very polite and helpful and I felt instantly welcome.

The mint gummi bears left on the pillows were a bit weird though!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank modernrelics
Reviewed 15 September 2008

This was the first time my wife and I had visited Munich, and staying at the Flemings Hotel really did make the whole experience that much better.
The hotel is located next to the Meridien and virtually opposite the HBF in Munich (make sure you exit under the large Coke sign as there are lots of exits, and food outlets to distract you!)
It is really clean, modern and friendly with free wifi. The staff were exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to make sure that we had activities planned for the day even suggesting a quick tour on our arrival to get the feel of the city.
Rooms although light and airy are not enormous, but the "unique" arrangement of the bathroom, does add a feeling of space and makes the room seem larger than it is.
Note of caution however, make sure that you are completely happy showering in front of your room mate, the shower cubicle leaves nowhere to hide for the less forthright! If two elderly friends are planning to share a holiday and a room, this is not the hotel for you!
TV is very heavily skewed to German channels with only CNN for light relief.
Breakfast, rather surprisingly included in the price, was excellent with the usual array of cereals, meats and cheeses as well as excellent coffee.
The hotel is very well located for the city (about 10 mins to the City and 15 minutes to the Marienplaz)
Although sensibly priced when we booked note that due to its proximity to the Octoberfest site prices rockets to around £200+/night for the period of this event.
We were really impressed by Munich and when we return it will be to the Flemings hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2008

I've been there in August 2008 with my wife and 20 months old daughter. We were spending one night in transit between North America and Asia.
The hotel is well situated downtown (close to the station and about 10 mn walk to Munich old town).
The overall design is nice, modern and clean. The bedroom was confortable (the double bedroom has 2 single beds put together). The bed has soft lights that can change color depending on your mood.
The shower in the bedroom is a very special feature (nice for a couple, a bit less for a family but as our daughter slept most of the time, it was not too much of a problem). The toilet was really small though.
There is a small restaurant attached to the hotel were you can eat or have drinks. We had a nice modern version of the Wiener Schnitzel.
I want to mention that the employees of the Fleming's have been really accomodating to our needs and especially those of our daughter. They have been extremely comprehensive and, despite the fact that the hotel is not especially child-friendly, they have done their best to satisfy us. We were even allowed to leave the room a bit later for our daughter to take a nap before flying to Asia.
So I would definitely go back there and recommend it. But for couples.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in Munich from 8/23-8/27 at the Fleming's Hotel. We actually took the Lufthansa airport bus from the airport directly to the Hofbaunhof (Central Station), which is about a 2 minute walk to Fleming's. The location couldn't have been better as mostly every S and U bahn subway/train lines run through this station. We didn't explore much of the area around the hotel, but definitely utilized public transportation to get to all the main tourist attractions in Munich.

Even though I used tripadvisor.com as a reference when booking this room, I was pleasantly surprised upon walking into the hotel. It was really modern, comfortable, and nice. The staff at the front desk was always helpful and some spoken impeccable English! The room was really cool - the beds were comfortable, it was very clean, and the showers (that you'll probably read about in every review) were pretty interesting. I was sad that the only English speaking TV station that we could find on TV was CNN but we weren't in the room all that much so it didn't matter that much.

My one recommendation is that if you can book your stay to include the breakfast at the hotel restaurant each morning - DEFINITELY DO! The buffet spread was the same each day but each day I woke up looking forward to it. It had fresh fruit, fresh bread and croissants, yogurt, cereals, meat, fresh smoked salmon, pastries, and more. Plus, real scrambled eggs (or cheese eggs) could be ordered from one of the waitresses. Most people eating there each morning did not tip the waitresses but we did - maybe a Euro or 2 each day, which I'm sure they appreciated. Believe me, if you're not used to eating German fare for lunches and dinners each day, you will LOVE waking up to this breakfast!! I don't even like sausage or pork so you can imagine how challenging it was to find something that I liked to eat in Munich!! I did, however, like the Hacker Pschorr restaurant right by the outdoor food market - the beer there was my favorite too.

My sightseeing recommendation is to go and see the English Garden. Aside from the huge beer garden that's there, we spent a lot of time relaxing in the park. People bring blankets and just lounge around like it's the beach! Plus, many are active there - soccer games all over the place!

Enjoy your trip!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rand415
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Modern, cool, convenient. Off the central railway station. Hotel has been opened recently, and it has a nice, minimalist character. Amazing shower integrated in the room. Nice breakfast in a beautiful decor bar. Very helpful staff that gives me the tips that let me travels to Ludwig castle. Being so close from the railway in my case was a plus, as travelling back and forth airport took short time. I would be back to this hotel if I have the change to visit Munich again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends