“Dried blood all over my room and unfriendly service”

Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center
Ranked #99 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Your town
“Dried blood all over my room and unfriendly service”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I will caveat this with I didn't actually stay at the hotel for the obvious reasons listed below.

When I checked in, I went to my room with my wife. There was dried blood all over the room. Towels, comforter, and pillow cases.

When I brought this to the front desks' attention, I was immediately given another room.....a smaller one with nothing other than "Oh I'm sorry, one second." I felt like I was putting them out by asking for another room.

Additionally, there were probably (I didn't count) 40-50 flies and gnats stuck to the roof of the elevators. As if the blood in the room wasn't enough....

I immediately called Marriott customer service to switch to another Marriott within the city. Its been great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank MMosby12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was my first stay at a Marriott and i wasn't dissapointed. The staff answered all of our questions and the check-in went very well. I agree that the location isn't exactly a good one, but i never felt in danger, even if we got to the hotel late at night. The hotel has quick access to the transportation system, and a reliable in room internet. The breakfast was also very good. The only downside is that a chocolate that we have paid for featured on our final bill. But i didn't mention that after all, it wasn't such a big deal. The most important thing is that the room was very spacious and clean, we got a good sleep every night.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Bath
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay in this hotel. The previous reviewer mentioned the immediate surrounding area which is a little off-putting, but we didn't experience any trouble, and in fact were really glad that this hotel is an easy walk to the city centre and the main train station.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Munich.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Massachussetts
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Does not live up to Marriott name. A true disappointment. Sex shops everywhere, felt nervous walking at night in the area.

Reception was rude at check-in, and uncaring at check-out. They even mishandled my bags which were left with them while we had breakfast.

If you have other options, take them.

• Stayed August 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Non-smoking; free access to the Internet; modern decor and air conditioning. Courtyard by Marriott Munchen City Center did not disappoint. The restaurant downstairs is fabulous. Breakfast is amazing and the choices for dinner are perfect.

It is about a 5 minute walk from the train station so you have access to everything. Also, it is close to most of the sights - also within 10 minutes or so.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2013

There's no getting around the seediness of the neighborhood, but the location of the hotel is convenient: 10 minutes' walk from Marienplatz, a block away from the main station, with two supermarkets a minute away. The hotel itself is nothing fancy, just functional ... nothing to complain about for a day or two if you get a decent price. Cheerful and helpful people at the front desk and in the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Budlapara
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The courtyard is the best value in the town. The staff was friendly from when we first arrived to when we checked out. The even offered to hold our bags after we checked out, did not even need to ask!! Very knowledgeable staff, they know the area and where to go. Definitely will go back to the courtyard in Munich again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple