I am usually quite fussy about hotels but that one proved to be genuinely excellent.
I travel a lot in Europe and I must say that German hotels and service are far above average.
The Charles met all my requirements:
- very nice staff, helpful and congenial
- a great Spa: swimming pool, steam bath and Finnish sauna, resting room. Very clean and modern
- one of the best breakfast I ever had: huge choice of delicious stuff
- silent room
- spacious room
- fantastic bed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated near the Old Botanical Garden, close to exclusive shopping areas,such as Theatinerstrasse and Maximilianstrasse. All 160 rooms and suites are bright and appointed with a large bathroom decorated with original Nymphenburg porcelain. Enjoy modern botanical bistronomy in the Sophia's Restaurant & Bar with sun terrace. Our The Charles Spa with pool, sauna, steam bath and fitness room is another highlight for your well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Charles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forte Munich
- Munich Forte