Hotel Falkenturm
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$117
  • Breakfast included
US$303
US$247
  • Pool
Hotel Laimer Hof(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$98
Agoda.com
All reviewsgreat location and priceminute walkhofbrau housetea and coffeethe breakfast areachristmas marketstayed here for nightshofbrauhaushoffbrauhauscheese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2010

This is a cosy, clean, informal hotel. Small rooms, and no aditional facilities... EUR 195 for a double room (during the Oktober Feste) is almost criminal!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Nice location to Hofbrauhaus and Marienplatz but the worse hotel I have ever stayed in.
The room was small(expected) but extremely hot and not fan. Opening the window didn't even help. Dark smelly hallways. Extremely out of date and very overpriced. There so called breakfast was a joke and worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chas69
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The hotel was situated in a great spot in downtown Munich...great access to the rail and many sites. However, when I checked in I was a bit thrown back that I was asked if I could pay in cash. I was not willing to do so. After check out, I was charged an additional fee under some very questionable circumstances. I called to formally complain to no avail. I would strongly recommend another hotel. There are plenty other comparable hotels in the area. I just happened to choose the wrong one. Dont' take the chance with this one.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank 301TripTaker
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Staying here during the Oktoberfest season was more practicle than desirable.
Everything becomes more expensive while the festival is on and choice between hotels is limited - we tried to book four months out and still had only a couple to choose from.
The location of this hotel is ideal - close to transport, the Residenz, a really good market that happened to be open & restaurants. Though with space at a premium, the rooms are very small and despite booking a double, got 2 single beds instead.
The staff were quite helpful in providing directions and local tips, but come time to pay, the manager pressured us to pay cash even though we'd arranged to pay via card, and this was without any discount being offered for a cash payment. If we'd known, we would have obliged. Checking out took over 30 minutes too; he kept hinting that cash would be quicker. It left a bit of a sour note to the stay.
None the less, it was clean, the breakfast room was well stocked and as I said, the location was great for us.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AG365
Reviewed 21 December 2009

This hotel was ideal as a centrally located base for sightseeing in Munich - we were there for the Christmas markets. It is clean and comfortable and was moderately priced in a city where hotels are very expensive (I did a lot of internet price checking) especially for such a great location. 5 mins in one direction and you are in Marienplatz, 5 mins in the other and you are in the Opera square and Residenz.

The public areas are limited with only a breakfast area with tables, nowhere really to relax except your room, but fine if you were just using it as a base to sleep. I used the free wifi which worked perfectly all the time in my 1st floor room. The hotel decor is comfortable and cosy but a little old fashioned, the bathrom was likewise clean and mostly modern but the radiator and some of the cracked tiles could do with replacing.

There was a good selection at the buffet breakfast, not gourmet fare but plenty to set you up for a day's sightseeing. The staff were pleasant, professional and helpful.

Overall I would recommend the hotel for couples who are not worried about design and ambiance and want a comfortable, good value and centrally located hotel as a base for sightseeing.

You can read a full review at http://www.heatheronhertravels.com/review-hotel-falkenturm-munich/

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family