Stayed at the H'otello in Hohenzollernstrasse for a long weekend to watch a friend's son dance in the Munich Oper.
The rooms are somewhat compact (rabbit hutch-like), but have everything needed for a stay - plenty of storage, a safe, minibar, free wifi and a good shower room. They are clean, have large comfortable beds and are neither outrageously decorated nor particularly expensive. Bigger, more expensive rooms can be found down the road nearer to Stadtmitte. Breakfast was 15 Euros a person, which we didn't have, preferring an Italian cafe a few doors up the road, which provided a good breakfast for a little less. There are plenty of snacking places in the immediate area.
I was somewhat dubious about the location of the hotel when booking - this was the preferred one for our friends, whose son lived close by. However, once we were there, we concluded we were well situated. The hotel is in Schwabing which is still a relatively good district in Munich, with shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. It is three stops from Marienplatz on the U-Bahn, which represents the centre of Munich. So, underground 5 minutes away from the centre and walking, about 20 minutes. Within easy striking distance of the hotel is the Englischer Garten, a vast green area, great for eating, drinking, walking, sightseeing, and some sports … including surfing on the river Isar; also nearby via tram is Schloss Nymphenburg, one of Ludwig II's summer palaces.
Thanks to Munich's fantastic integrated public transport system - rather puts London's efforts to shame - sightseeing is easy in Munich and consequently from the hotel: from the rather sombre Dachau (reached via Schnellbahn), to Olympiapark, BMW World, some world class museums and art galleries, castles, houses, etc.., etc…
As a place to rest your head and sightsee, the hotel the fits the bill perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H'Otello / H'09 Munich. Staying in the hippest district. Schwabing. Where locals love to live and play. Shopping on the doorstep. Hohenzollernstreet. 112m till Leopold Street. Lifestyle and Entertainment. With creative people and globetrotters. 470m till the Englisch Garden. For relaxing and jogging. Also nearby. Musem Area and University. Perfect for Leisure and Business. Easy access to all the city's sights and hotspots. A lifestylehotel with pure & clean concept. With elegant and simple design. Decent colors. in the house. At that. A service with personal touch. You can count on that. Highlight. Studios with terrace. View over the city roofs. Come in. Check in. Calm down. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HRS so you can book your H'Otello H'09 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h`Otello Hohenzollernstrasse Hotel Munich
- h Otello Hohenzollernstrasse Munich