“A terrible joke”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Nouvelle cuisine absurd, the only reason to go to this place is to show off and spend too much money. Tiny portions, although tasty, are by no means good enough to justify the silliness. It felt like being in an absurdist spoof of everything that is wrong with nouvelle cuisine.

Even if someone else is paying, it's unlikely you'll leave feeling that you have eaten a meal.

I was sent here by a concierge; the only reason I can imagine he would have sent me here was for a monetary payoff. I have been to many far more expensive restaurants that were worth the money; this was just a alloyed pretentiousness.

2  Thank Armoured

Reviewed 19 September 2012

There were 7 of us and it was a business meal, so thank goodness I didn't have to pay for it. The food is absolutely delicious. I had the lamb which was cooked to perfection. The service is excellent and every meal came with a full description from our Waiter.
What was wonderful was the fact that they left you for a while in between courses. One of my pet hates with restaurants is when they try to get your money and get you out of the door as quickly as possible. Our meal with 4 Prosecco's 1 bottle of red, 1 bottle of white, 5 starters, 7 mains, 4 desserts was a little over 700 Euros.
I have also eaten at Tantris and yes it is regarded as the best restaurant in Munich but this place is far more personable and relaxed, so its got my vote!

1  Thank Mel1933
Reviewed 21 August 2012

A great Italian restaurent with flair. As the sauces are reduced, and alot of foam is used, the food can be rather heavy. However, a great journey, in fine dining.

2  Thank MosheKohli
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I went there with family on a Monday evening. Despite of the day, the restaurant was well booked.

The food is what one can expect from a restaurant of this class - very good.

For my personal taste a few to many noveau/haut cuisine shenanigans, a bit more of straight forward "Cucina del Sole" istead as promised by chef Mario Gamba would be better.

The service is extremly kind, and well trained. The deco of the room is a bit weird, I personaly liked it (big surreal Dalì type of paintings).

On a general note I found the prices for what you get on the high end. I am not complaining, I knew before that it will be expensive. But the dishes are rather small, I had four courses that would have left me slightly hungry if it wasn't for all the goodies along (Amuse-Gueule, desert after desert, cookies and chocolate for coffee).

Overall (food, wine, tip) I paid 600 € for four persons. Again, that is in my opinion a lot of money for not a lot but very good food.

In Munich are heaps of restaurants in this price class, most of them are type of arrogant and disappointing. This one was overall definitly worth a visit.

2  Thank Slartibartfast75
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Loved the inspired cuisine - black truffle tagliatelle and pea and mint soup. Coconut foam pasta. Deliciously fresh. Home made bread. Yes it is pricey 22 to 35 for mains but the fresh market ingredients really are tasty. Somewhere for a special occasion or if you just want to spoil yourself. Would definitely return again and again. Close to Angelo Design Hotel - 4 mins in a cab.