“Great food, friendly (but slow) service”
Review of Cohen's - CLOSED

Cohen's
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Israeli
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family is Jewish so while visiting my sister in Munich she took us here for Shabbat (Friday night) dinner. The food was amazing, best gefelta (sp?) fish I have ever had! The latkes were delicious and the wine was pretty good. The owner came and checked in with us each time they brought us food, very personable (if not a bit pushy). The only thing that keeps me from giving a 5 is the service, while personable, was very slow. At one point my sister had to check to make sure she remembered our food. It's a bit pricey but worth the cost!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We visited Munich from Ohio and found this place on Frommers. I have to say this was one of the most delicious meals I have ever eaten. I do a lot of dining out all over the US and world, but I cannot remember in recent memory a meal quite as delicious at such a reasonable price. Yochi and Jack Cohen are extraordinarily gracious hosts. Don't let the name of this place fool you, although traditional Jewish food is off-the-charts good (I have had been to enough Seder gatherings to consider myself a worthy judge of this), the menu is diverse. They incorporate German and Polish and Russian fare. The Russian borscht soup was wah-wah-wee-wah good! Shout out to the super-cute resident husky dog, Schmeckel - we miss you already! I cannot recommend this place enough. Best meal we had in Munich no contest!

1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 19 October 2013

It starts with the warm welcome of Yochi , the owner. The food is freshly cooked and very tasty. It applies to any dish you order, and the portions are large that you can hardly finish. We were a few couples ordering different dishes and we were all amazed with the wonderfull results. We recommend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were greeted most warmly when we arrived and ushered to a table. The veal schnitzel was the best I've had in Munich and the cabbage soup was superb. My husband had the beef and kasha and loved it. Yochi, the owner and our server, was delightful to chat with and we had a lovely evening.

1  Thank kkp_10
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Good food, good wine and lovely and attentive waiters (who spoke English realy well). Whilst being busy (as it looks quite popular), we were not disapointed.