“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Beautiful building, location, interior and staff. They are friendly and efficient and the food is outstanding. Their garten is filled with gorgeous flowers in the summer and the inside is equally beautiful, cozy and quaint in the winter. I have been many times now and highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Food was okay. Service was really slow two hours for a main and one round of drinks. Was expecting better things but maybe caught a bad night.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

The surly staff may put you off going back but this meals are delicious and for those who enjoy period buildings you'll also enjoy the surroundings.

It's set in the grounds of a beautiful building and the garden looks like it'd be nice in the summer.

Don't expect to eat late into the evening. Even although there were 15 of us, last orders for food orders was at 9pm! Perhaps money is not important to this business?

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I cant believe the treatment of international guests displayed by the staff here. We were made to feel like we were not worth their time. We were concerned about trying a new restaurant and had our receptionist call ahead to see if they were okay with us only knowing very little German. No problems.
When we arrived, it was deserted. No staff in site. Got to the bar and was grunted at when we explained our receptionist had called ahead. Shown a table. 15 mins, no menus. The place was empty! How can the service be so poor? A man walked past and i had to wave at him for attention. He came back and dropped menus at the edge of the table. Nothing said.
10 more minutes more, sitting on our own with no water, no help, no service and feeling like a complete inconvenience. We waited for half an hour from the time we walked in and decided to leave. No one stopped us or even looked in our direction.
This is the worst example of customer service I have ever experienced. I have never been made to feel so little and inconvenient ever.
I was so upset on our way out the door and utterly devastated for what I hoped to be a lovely dinner with my partner. Far far from. Shameful

1  Thank Gunner27C
Reviewed 24 February 2015

I was just in Munich last week and a friend took me to Asam-Scholessl for dinner. It was wonderful. The atmosphere and the food are authentic - it's a Bavarian gem. It's only a 10 minute U-bahn ride from dowtown Munich (Marienplatz). I would really recommend this place if you want a German Bavarian experience. Good Food - Good Beer - Great Atmosphere. Try it you'll like it......

1  Thank MEW111