“A very pleasant experience”
Review of Blue Nile

Blue Nile
Ranked #161 of 3,975 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2013

First time for me in an Ethiopian restaurant and I have to admit that the food and drink very way better than expected! Service and location are very good, man people so better to reserve in advance the table. We had a mix of raw meat!cheese with spinach, goat goulash and vegetable dishes with honey wine as drink. All excellent and at a very reasonable price. I will definitely go again to try out some other dishes :)

Reviewed 26 January 2013

what I liked was sharing of food..no matter if you are two or a group of five..u can order a platter with delicious veg and non-veg dishes served with unlimited bread "injer" and this accompanied by african red wine is a perfect combination..u will leave the place with your stomach more than full if you like to food

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Nice experience! Typical african food. The service is a bit caotic but still very nice. Liked it.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

It was the first time we tried ethiopian food - delicious!

The restaurant is small and welcoming, furniture gives it an african feel.
We had called ahead for a reservation although we though it's Monday, there won't be too many guests - but it did fill up completely.

We shared a starter and a main course. All dishes tasted delicious, especially the starter plate with some couscous like ingredients. The main course was served on a big place that was laid out with the special bread and the dishes were on that, in addition there was more of the bread.

As others mentioned, no knifes or forks, but as the starter had salad on it we did get forks for that, and cheated a bit later as we used them for the last bits of the main course.

Definitely an experience that we'll repeat during our next Munich visit!

Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is one of my favorite places in Munich and I always try to go when I'm in town. I've always been to the Belgradstraße one. It is nearly always packed.

One of my favorite things about this restaurant is the honey wine, which at most other Ethiopian places can be overly sweet and syrupy, but whatever they serve at Blue Nile is still sweet without being cloying.

Service is really friendly and helpful. Even though I've had Ethiopian food many times (including at some of the amazing restaurants in DC) I usually get the shared variety platter, which has a few vegetarian and meat selections on it. Dishes are very flavorful but most aren't spicy. The spongy injera bread you use to scoop up your food and eat it with (made from non-wheat teff flour) is so yummy. Pretty inexpensive too, especially considering generous portion sizes.

Please ignore ignorant comments about no parking and having to eat with your hands. If you want an amazing, flavorful culinary experience and don't mind stepping out of your cultural comfort zone a tiny bit, this is an excellent place. Great for vegetarians and carnivores alike.