“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Blue Nile

Blue Nile
Ranked #256 of 3,812 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a review of Blue NIle #2. The restaurant requires reservation - it is very popular with locals and it is practically impossible to get a table walking in. The food is very good, decor as well. I recommend the mixed starter to share with multiple people. I like the ethiopian tea kettle, to go with the spicy food. The restaurant also serves the honey wine.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great food, relaxed and informal atmosphere, long waits also with a booking but definitely worth it! Recommended for people who like to "experiment" with new food!

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

2 hours to eat. It is quite cheap but, seriously, it is not good either. Maybe it is me, i am not a great african cuisine fan, but the food is no good.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I ate here recently for a birthday meal, and it was absolutely fantastic! The atmosphere and décor are wonderful, and the food is delicious. We began with their mixed starters, which included a lovely range of Ethiopian specialities. The 'piece de résistance', though, were the mains - they are served in a traditional 'wicker basket', and the lid is removed to reveal the food inside. You all eat from the same large dish, which is nice, and means you can also try a bit of other meals too, if you like. The meals are also served with flatbread, which acts as a spoon/scoop, and it actually surprisingly effective! The spice level of the food was just right too - enough to know what you are eating, but not too much to destroy other flavours. The service was superb too - and I was amazed at the waitress' memory! She took our order (starters, mains and drinks) without writing a single thing down. And not only that, but when the mains arrived, they were all positioned in the correct part of the 'basket' to be in front of the correct person! All in all, it was an unforgettable experience, and I will certainly be back!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We recently had dinner here at the recommendation of a friend we were meeting. We were not disappointed! The service was prompt and friendly. The menu was extensive. They were also able to accommodate my dietary restrictions (wheat/gluten free) without any issue - this I greatly appreciated especially since they made me a special plate of potatoes since I couldn't eat the pancake-like bread. We ordered a huge platter of various entrees and sides for the table and absolutely everything was delicious. My only regret is that we weren't regulars here when we actually lived in Munich. It will definitely be a favorite to return to whenever we are in town.