“Very nice sushi restaurant with good food”
Review of Sushi & Soul

Sushi & Soul
Ranked #781 of 3,808 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We've been in a few sushi restaurants in munich but this one was the best for us.

The place looks nice and hip. You can see it's a good place because it's busy all tge time.

Yes the waiters are a bit slow, but the place is just so busy that i can understand. As soon as you raise your hand they come to you right away and are very friendly.

For the people complaining about the liyd music, well... I guess those are old people. We love it!

Call them up right now and make your reservation, you wont regret!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Good sushi, but you won't find speciality fish here, just your usual salmon, tuna etc.

But the price reflects this, it's not too expensive. Nice for a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

My husband and I choose Sushi & Soul just by chance and enjoyed a romantic and comfortable dinner . We sat in the pillow area where you have to take your shoes off, get comfortable and sit around a table just for you. I never thought I would enjoy going to a restaurant where people take their shoes off and sit around but this was classy and very clean. The atmosphere was funky, had great music playing, and had dim lighting that made it even more relaxing. The music is a little loud but I did not mind it one bit. The sushi was absolutely fantastic but it is quite expensive. The shrimp tempura roll and the miso soup were just a few of my favorite items off the menu. Great drink selection especially if you like whisky! I would highly recommend Sushi & Soul for a romantic dinner or dinner with friends. I would also highly recommend a reservation.

Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went in this restaurant for a dinner.
The place is really nice and you can even sit on a tatami (without shoes). The background music is well selected consindering where you are and what you are eating.
The food is good but it is quite expensive.
Advised for a romantic dinner, with friends or similar.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Except for the too loud music, the atmosphere is wonderful. A corner building with lots of windows, 'Japanese' corners with pillows, long center table for parties. But when you ask the waiter to turn down the music so that you can talk with your table partners, you are told the place is called Sushi and SOUL. Too bad they don't play soul music...
Aside from that, the service is slow. The waiters seem to want to be doing something else with their lives. When they do come, they are very friendly.
They do have a few new wave sushi dishes like tempura battered California rolls (but nothing like the wild sushi you get in Cape Town, South Africa). Also wonderful is a rice-flour battered tofu, fried crispy and served in a lacquered soup bowl with shrimp and veggies. Spicy and simply delicious.
They have a full bar (unusual for Munich), and lots of young people come for cocktails with party-glitters stirring sticks. They make a great margarita too. I usually limit myself to a cocktail instead of dessert since beer usually goes best with sushi or my taste.
And you can still get a hot meal at 11:00p.m. (late for Munich).