“fantastic food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chopan
Ranked #1,167 of 3,651 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: Afghani, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“fantastic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I absolutely love this place. It's probably some of the best food I have ever had in my life. I am not kidding, the flavors jump out and are unrivaled. I love it and am always so excited to go here. Unfortunately, in my opinion, not all the staff is very friendly and the service is not as good as it could be. However, the food is incredible, so I keep going back and recommending it. But do not expect super fast and friendly service and you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Andrea M

Munich
“excellent food, I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nice little place with fantastic food. I had the pumpkin starter (delicious), our lamm dishes were very tasty and the meat perfectly cooked. A mango cream , light and just sweet enough, finished off the meal perfectly. The service was nice and astonishingly fast (I was ready to wait for a while, as is usually the case in Indian/oriental restaurants). It was not cheap but still very reasonable for a place in central Munich, and the food was well worth it. I0ll have to come back to taste soem other appealing dishes that I've seen on the menu...

Visited February 2014
Unter-Ostern, Germany
“Delightful Culinary Experience with Gracious Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This Afghani restaurant must certainly be among the best in Munich (book a table - on any day it is usually full!) and offers authentic cuisine (properly seasoned and spiced) in a charming atmosphere. The host and chef is gracious and makes you feel genuinely welcomed. The dishes are cooked fresh, and the spices used are applied with care. Even if the plating is "only" simple, the dishes are attractive and the food outstandingly delicious.
I recommend the Pumpkin starter - you won't regret it. (You may even want more...). And the Lassi. It's different than the Indian one, and refreshing and light.
And all this for a price that is ultimately reasonable for the centre of Munich (we went to the Elvira Strasse location - there is a second one on Rosenheimer Str.). Enjoy!

Singapore, Singapore
“Overpriced food topped with an aggressive waitstaff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I read other reviews before having to try this restaurant myself, unfortunately, as a friend made reservations. The atmosphere is lovely, and any reviewer that says you need to be German or the restaurant staff are not nice is just wrong: the server was rude to everyone at our table, including the Germans. In fact, I would say he was just plain aggressive. The food is quite small for the price charged (EUR 12.50 for a palm-size amount of spinach and 2 palm amounts of rice...) and our waiter was just nasty. I wouldn't go there again, and I wouldn't recommend that anyone go for that matter.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jarchangeli
Devon
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The restaurant was recommended to me and after a long walk round the Christmas markets, it was only a short walk away from the hotel. The menu is simple, but the food is excellent quality, beautifully spiced and service was good. Very good value for money.

• Visited December 2013