“Kabuli pulao”

Cuisines: Afghani
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Karim khan (I assume he is the waiter cum owner) does not seem very welcoming but who cares, the food was great. I loved the kabuli pulao and the firni if you know a little Hindi, he will even crack a joke. Soup can be avoided as I could not identify with the flavour. Overall after a long day the food cheered us up, keep up the good work.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Chopan staff are the epitome of rudeness. Bored, impolite and absolutely not welcoming. Although the food quality is excellent, service is bad and I am never going back again.

2  Thank is-touristinfo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is my first review of any restaurant ive visited so far. Coming from The subcontinent where hospitality is in our blood, I expected a very warm decent welcome when I was at the restaurant. Instead the owner/waiter was nasty in his reply and answers. I agree with a review above with regards to the quantity. Its too overpriced .Ive been living out of India for the last five years and have never been denied a glass of water whatever be the class or stature of the restaurant.Generally restaurants sell mineral water but do offer tap water when asked.The owner of this restaurant needs a lesson or two in courtesy. He was audacious enough to tell me that "honestly we dont offer drinking water". Really !!! How on earth can someone say no for a glass of water. Its immoral. I would never go back to this restaurant.

2  Thank modernomadz
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I absolutely love this place. It's probably some of the best food I have ever had in my life. I am not kidding, the flavors jump out and are unrivaled. I love it and am always so excited to go here. Unfortunately, in my opinion, not all the staff is very friendly and the service is not as good as it could be. However, the food is incredible, so I keep going back and recommending it. But do not expect super fast and friendly service and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nice little place with fantastic food. I had the pumpkin starter (delicious), our lamm dishes were very tasty and the meat perfectly cooked. A mango cream , light and just sweet enough, finished off the meal perfectly. The service was nice and astonishingly fast (I was ready to wait for a while, as is usually the case in Indian/oriental restaurants). It was not cheap but still very reasonable for a place in central Munich, and the food was well worth it. I0ll have to come back to taste soem other appealing dishes that I've seen on the menu...