“My favourite pub in Munich”
Review of Zum Augustiner

Zum Augustiner
Ranked #295 of 4,022 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: US$6 - US$33
Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Each time I have been to Munich I have visited Augustiner, and liked it every time I have been in. It is a vast building, so despite being in the middle of the city centre you can pretty much always get a seat. There are lots of staff, and they serve you quickly; regularly checking if you want something. The beer is nice, as is the wine. The food is typical Bavarian, the suckling pig is especially tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,905)

Reviewed 18 August 2017

It was a rainy day when we stopped by for lunch, so, it was not possible to sit outside. Considering how packed full it was inside, we were lucky and happy to find half of a table.
Then the waiter came and disaster followed him!! I was totally shocked with his attitude. Instead of just writing a bad review, I decided to speak with those in charge and I am so happy I did. Their response was just incredible. In the end, because of them, a negative experience was transformed to a very positive one, for which I am very grateful.
When my vegetarian meal came I was able to enjoy it! It was very good and so was the beer.
What I take with me, though, is the memory of the beauty of this historic restaurant and the very professional management.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Right at the center of MarienPlatz so very busy. Good food, good beer, good pretzels and great group!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Although unassuming from the outside, once inside you will be greeted by beautiful interiors such as door carefully decorated with seashells but keep going until you're in the garden as the ambiance is wonderful, especially during summer! The food, as a German, was also delicious which added to an overall great experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is where we ate our first night in Germany. After figuring out that you just go in and sit down and finding the English menu we thoroughly enjoyed the aesthetic of the brauhaus. Our waitress was friendly and indulged my broken German. The food is good and authentic. But the beer is the star of the show. I had the Helles and he had a Weiss and we both ordered masses. We tried other brauhaus but returned here because we both agreed that this was the best in Bavaria..