“Excellent "pub" fare”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Hackerhaus was only a short walk from the Acanthus Hotel and where, I decided, to dine, as I wanted German cuisine, rather than Italian or Spanish.
And it was truly German cuisine - with lots of local specialities, potato dumplings, meats in rich sauces and, of course, schnitzel! The beer was very good and the whole meal very reasonable!
Recommended.

There are newer reviews for Hackerhaus

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice restaurant and bierstube with good location. Reasonable prices and good service. Thanks a lot. Worth visiting.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Right off the bat I should have known that things would not be perfect when the table was set with a beautiful lace tablecloth and paper napkins! The potato soup with bacon was very tasty. The sauerkraut was very tasty. The Nuremberg brats were tasteless. The whole reason I walked into this restaurant was because the menu listed Kaiserschmarn on the menu. It was the worst rendition of this dish I have ever tasted. To top it off when I asked for whipped cream I was given a bowl of what looked like and tasted like RediWhip right from the pressurized can. The potato soup didn't save this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Loved it!! traditional beer cellar with tremendous 'German' food. Beware - the portions are enormous!! Staff efficient and friendly.

Great atmosphere

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have a dinner in this restaurant. First, we asked pork knuckle but waiter told us this is already finished in the kitchen and recommended suckling pig, but... when she brought the dish, I identified this is not piglet... but big pig! Anyway we received in the bill this as suckling pork... (and this was most expensive in the menu).. Next, as soon us we paid the bill the girl-waiter asked us tips! I told I dont have coins but she insisted she can change the notes.. Its quite strange, when waiter beg tips even we didnt receive quality service.. I gave her the tips but now dont have any desire to come back to this restaurant..

1  Thank Mirragge