“Biergarten Must”

Ranked #397 of 3,692 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Austin, Texas
“Biergarten Must”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The amazing shade of the trees make any summer day a celebration day here. If you are new to biergartens, you need to know that you can bring your picnic but you must purchase drinks here. In any case, a nice simple menu has a bit of everything for all. In the evening you can only buy beer by the liter-AKA Maß.

1 Thank IndySevenSeas

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Stuttgart, Germany
“Delicious Food, Great Service, Gorgeous Biergarten”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I really enjoyed my dining experience here. There wasn't a whole lot going on when I went, but the Biergarten is absolutely massive. I could imagine it being an awesome place when it's not a cloudy weekday afternoon. The service was beyond friendly and attentive. I ordered a meal with Schweinehaxen, Schweinebraten and duck with two kinds of dumplings and cooked red cabbage and it was beyond delicious. Hit the spot and was ueber-German. I was beyond stuffed afterwards and with a price of around 15euros, it was great value for money, especially in a city like Munich. And the beer speaks for itself. I honestly cannot wait to go back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SMETravels
Houston, Texas
“Don't hesitate, just GO”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a late dinner on our last night due to jetlag. Staff was very courteous and I'm no expert on Bavarian food, all I know is my roast pig leg schweinshaxe was totally yummy and my husband's grilled sausages on a bed of sauerkraut was delicious as well. Some of the best sauerkraut I've ever had. They have a giant beer garden out back under lots of trees but we were there on a cool night so decided to stay indoor. They also have a discotheque in the basement floor, quite a sight....very unexpected. You don't really hear the music from other parts of the restaurant so you barely know it's there. All in all, it was an awesome evening with great food and beer and prices are very reasonable.

• Visited May 2014
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for any occasion”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to Hofbraukeller a number of time, for business and also as a tourist. The main upstairs area set for an event is something to be seen, only in Bavaria, they defiantly know how to throw a party and the food is fantastic, best suckling pig I have ever had. My fav has to be in the massive beer garden, when its busy, which is almost always in the summer, the atmosphere is fantastic, thousands of people talking, laughing having a great time. The services is incredible, they are so fast, compared to how many people are there. If you are like me, and get a little impatient, there are self services bars outside, don't be shy, head up and get yourself a drink. They do sell wine in half pints. Fantastic place to spend an evening.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great place for lunch on the patio.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had lunch here before going to the Bayern Munich game one Saturday. Having already tried the schnitzel and sausages at another beer garden, I went with the trout. It was very good! The weather was fabulous, so sitting outside was a special treat. Service was very efficient and friendly.

Visited March 2014