“Poorest Service experienced on our Munich trip”
Review of Restaurant Italy

Restaurant Italy
Ranked #537 of 3,876 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went to this restaurant as it was close to our hotel and well reviewed. I don't know if our waiter just didn't like our faces or the English in general but his brisk and uncaring attitude were noticeable during our visit. We enjoyed the food and wine and felt we had a good meal in nice surroundings spoiled only by the service. We noted the waiter's attitude was different on other tables. After our main course we waited around 20 minutes and it became obvious that the waiter was more concerned with clearing and setting other tables than offering us any more food or drink or even clearing ours. After calling him for the bill we paid and left. Perhaps his 20 cent tip will help concentrate his mind on serving properly in the future but it won't be to us.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

My wife and I dined at Restaurant Italy in July 2012. After traveling in Germany and Austria for several days, we had had our fill of sausage and meat. We found Restaurant Italy at the end of the block on which our hotel was located. Not wanting to go into the city center, we decided on Restaurant Italy for a change of cuisine and a lighter menu. The food was plentiful, authentic Italian, and very good. The service was great, the staff attentive, and the host was perfect. I even got to speak Italian with the staff!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

If you're anywhere near Schwarbing in Munich (U Bahn Munchner Freiheit) eat here. No negatives: the all Italian staff watch attentively over you from seating you to saying goodbye. In the summer eat in the garden. Menu is great and very good value; try the spaghetti all'olio as a starter (or indeed a main) for about €7 followed by grilled squid on rocket about €14 (my memory of prices, so apologies to restaurant for errors). The open wines in carafes also good value. This is a good fun genuine Italian restaurant; difficult to find outside of Italy or New York!

1  Thank isbear
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Went with the family for my son's 11th birthday. Sat out in the garden reas. Great meal and he was treated really well a with great Italian hospitality and warmth.

vearied menu and specials and good selection of wines and beers etc. All pretty reqsonable. Close to Muenchner Freiheit, so easy to get to by U Bahn, bus or tram if needed

Reviewed 5 June 2012

The Restaurant Italy in Munich Nord is well worth the short ride on the S Bahn from central Munich. I always make time for it when I am passing through. Extensive and Exceptional menu and very good table wine. . And they have the uniquely smooth and tasty Paulanner Beer, if you'd rather. I love the Dunkle, very cold. They will put it on ice if you request. Ask for Jerome, he has been provide excellent service for years. Need reservations on weekends and holidays. Tremendous value! Leopold 108, 80802 Munich, Bavaria, Germany. I always make time for it when I am passing through Munich.