“Greece so near...”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Munich, Germany
“Greece so near...”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I do not remember how many times I have eaten here. This is one of my favourite restaurants in town. It is tiny, crowded but bright. Shabbily cosy. You encounter sometimes a group of Greek there, not only German. I always use this standard to judge if a "foreign" restaurant is authentic or not. It seldom fails me, also not here. The food is simple, fresh and delicious. The accompanying bread is always warm, crispy outside and soft inside. You do not expect super fine wine here, but just good enough.
Every time when I eat here is a delightful experience. When I sometimes look through the big window into the Nordendstr, with typical Schwabing scenery, I often get confused where I am. Am I not in Greece? Am I in Germany? The saturated taste of the food, the sunny smile of the friendly waiter and waitress makes a rainy day in autumn warm. My heart feels happy, when I think of Kreta Grill.

• Visited October 2013

• Hungarian first
Munich, Germany
“Excellent & authentic greek food”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is one of the only Greek restaurants in the city that I will actually go to because the food is just wonderful, very authentic, and always fresh!
it's not the cheapest place, but well worth it!
make a reservation, the place gets booked up quickly!

• Visited June 2013
“A fun night with a large group of friends”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We went here with a very large group of friends (20 persons) on a weekend night. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in accommodating our group and taking into account our wishes. Food was good, they kept on serving delicious Greek dishes and made sure the wine kept on flowing. A great and festive atmosphere and no compromises on food quality despite our large group make this place highly recommendable.
Nice outdoor seating and friendly staff would make me come again, also when being with a couple or solo.

• Visited June 2012