“Great hotel for city trip”

Motel One Nuernberg-City
Ranked #31 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
“Great hotel for city trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Motel One is a stylish, comfortable Hotel.

Above all, I liked the interior design of the rooms with the typical colours of Motel One and the friendly staff.
The room is rather small but sufficient for a short trip.
One highlight was the rain shower in the bathroom.
Breakfast had good quality and offered fresh products you need for a good start of the day (e.g. orange juice; coffee; rolls; honey; jam; cheese; ham; sausages ).

Even though the hotel only has 2 stars from a formal point of view, I felt more comfortable there than in some 3 oder 4 star hotel.

The train station and the pedestrian zone are within walking distance.

One downfall was the sometimes disgusting smell in the bath room. At check-out I mentioned that.

All in all, I can highly recommend this hotel, especially for a short city trip to medieval Nuremberg.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
fbauer, Inhaber at Motel One Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Madam/Sir,

thanks a lot for your positve Feedback.

We hope to see you again in our Motel One .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We wanted to stop over in Nürnberg to visit the Christmas Market and opted for the Motel One on the recommendation of a friend. The concept is extremely clever, comfortable but stripped down rooms, no room service or mini-bar but this works because check-in and out times don't take more than 2 minutes.

The location is good and the staff are staff are extremely helpful, friendly and efficient.

We were really impressed and opted to stay at another location a couple of weeks after on our way out of Germany

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Vilseck, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I must say this hotel surprised me. I have stayed in several Motel One locations in the past and love the design regardless the limited size. Afterall, it is supposed to be a budget hotel! However, having the fact I stayed in the other Nurnberg location before and did not have such good experience, this hotel exceeded my expetations.
My friend and I stayed only one night but the communication before and during our stay was fantastic! I emailed the hotel to request a double bed and got response within a few minutes.
When I arrived I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman. The check in process was quick, informative and even received the requested plate and cutlery.
The room was small as usually but the design makes up for it. The bathroom was incredible though. Very large shower corner I totally loved!
The bed was very comfortable with great firm pillows!
The location is perfect! It is, however, located on a busy road and you might have problems parking if you do not want to pay for the hotel parking.

I can definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I arrived at 10 am, way ahead of the checkin time and was pleasantly surprised to be informed that my room was already ready. It was as advertised - clean, frills-free and cosy. The wifi was fast (ask for another login account if you have more than 1 device) and I remained logged on for my whole 2 days here. I found the main train station not that near, but it was ok. The walk to the Alstadt took about 10 mins and the town was just gorgeous and like a fairy tale. Breakfast buffet was also a good spread and well worth the 7.50EUR.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side facing the main road. It's not that noisy though you can hear the trams ear...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at Motel One for a couple of nights inn a business trip to Nuremberg. I really liked it in many aspects: great location just a few blocks from the train station and one of the ends of the city's historical center, excellent breakfast, nice decor in a very pleasant color scheme, friendly staff. The only weak point for me is that wardrobe space is non existent and for a long business stay you are unable to unpack properly; other than that it is very recommendable

Room Tip: very recommendable for a short stay
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We flew Toronto to Frankfurt and then grabbed the DB ICE train from Frankfurt to Nuremberg.
Needless to say we were tired arriving in Nuremberg!
The MOTEL ONE is a short walk from the train station and we were warmly welcomed by the front desk staff. Our room was on the small side but more than adequate. It was clean and bright with a modern and a very comfortable bed. Washroom was very clean.
Although we looked out over fifteen sets of railway tracks entering the station, we did not hear a thing from the trains.
The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and fun. They stored our bags in the back room on day two until we were ready to leave.
The breakfast at this hotel (7.5 euros p/p) was great. We would have breakfast here again.
This hotel is an easy walk to the walled city and all of it's restaurants, cafes and pubs, as well as museums,the market and cathedrals.
Would we stay here again? You bet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bennekom, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Room is small but has all needed facilities. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Great location: nearby main station and opposite to a city tram stop, walking distance to the central is short.

Note: never trey the Chinese restaurant nearby, it was disgusting.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo