Motel One Nuernberg-City
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationold townshort stayone nightchristmas marketrecommend this hotelbusiness triprooms are smallclean hotelnice breakfastfree wifilobbycityeurproximitygermany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is the perfect place for a business trip or a short break. Nicely designed reception, lobby and bar where you feel like having a nightcap before going to bed. Simple but modern and thought through rooms and a great example how to make a small bathroom amazingly practical and comfortable. Super friendly staff - which struggled a bit during breakfast service - which can get a bit hectic as there is not that much space for the buffet. But all in all great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
fbauer, Manager at Motel One Nuernberg-City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very good review of our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

kind regards

Motel One Nürnberg City

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Motel One is a stylish, comfortable Hotel.

Above all, I liked the interior design of the rooms with the typical colours of Motel One and the friendly staff.
The room is rather small but sufficient for a short trip.
One highlight was the rain shower in the bathroom.
Breakfast had good quality and offered fresh products you need for a good start of the day (e.g. orange juice; coffee; rolls; honey; jam; cheese; ham; sausages ).

Even though the hotel only has 2 stars from a formal point of view, I felt more comfortable there than in some 3 oder 4 star hotel.

The train station and the pedestrian zone are within walking distance.

One downfall was the sometimes disgusting smell in the bath room. At check-out I mentioned that.

All in all, I can highly recommend this hotel, especially for a short city trip to medieval Nuremberg.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
fbauer, Inhaber at Motel One Nuernberg-City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Madam/Sir,

thanks a lot for your positve Feedback.

We hope to see you again in our Motel One .

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We wanted to stop over in Nürnberg to visit the Christmas Market and opted for the Motel One on the recommendation of a friend. The concept is extremely clever, comfortable but stripped down rooms, no room service or mini-bar but this works because check-in and out times don't take more than 2 minutes.

The location is good and the staff are staff are extremely helpful, friendly and efficient.

We were really impressed and opted to stay at another location a couple of weeks after on our way out of Germany

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I must say this hotel surprised me. I have stayed in several Motel One locations in the past and love the design regardless the limited size. Afterall, it is supposed to be a budget hotel! However, having the fact I stayed in the other Nurnberg location before and did not have such good experience, this hotel exceeded my expetations.
My friend and I stayed only one night but the communication before and during our stay was fantastic! I emailed the hotel to request a double bed and got response within a few minutes.
When I arrived I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman. The check in process was quick, informative and even received the requested plate and cutlery.
The room was small as usually but the design makes up for it. The bathroom was incredible though. Very large shower corner I totally loved!
The bed was very comfortable with great firm pillows!
The location is perfect! It is, however, located on a busy road and you might have problems parking if you do not want to pay for the hotel parking.

I can definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I arrived at 10 am, way ahead of the checkin time and was pleasantly surprised to be informed that my room was already ready. It was as advertised - clean, frills-free and cosy. The wifi was fast (ask for another login account if you have more than 1 device) and I remained logged on for my whole 2 days here. I found the main train station not that near, but it was ok. The walk to the Alstadt took about 10 mins and the town was just gorgeous and like a fairy tale. Breakfast buffet was also a good spread and well worth the 7.50EUR.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side facing the main road. It's not that noisy though you can hear the trams early in the morning.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo