“Lovely budget hotel”

Ranked #26 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Hong Kong, China
“Lovely budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked 3 nights through hotel website & get rapid reponse on my questions, very good.
We arrived Nuremburg airport almost 11:00 at night, so location was our priority. B&B hotel just next to the exit of station Opernhaus, just one station to the Main Train Station.

Actually it's a basis hotel but the colorful decoration & cleanliness added value on it. The staff was nice & helpful. We stayed in twin room, correctly it should be a double bed with twin bedding and i found it's so common in Germany...And also there's almost 32C during our stay, luckily we picked a hotel with air-con. Disappointed that the Wifi signal really weak, i need to stay near room door to get the best signal :P

Not many restaurants surroundings, but just 5 mins walk then you can visit old town to take delicious food like tasty german saugages from Zum Guldenen Stern Bratwurstkueche.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear IP-fafaway,

thank you very much for taking the time writing about your experiences about our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very glad to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel so much.
Sorry, that the Wifi signal in your room was too weak. I already checked the access points and found the problem. So the signal will be excellent when you return to our hotel in future.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again.
André Stock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We booked one night at this hotel and were very pleased with our choice. We got a family room as we were traveling with my 16-year-old nephew (Room 709). In one of the hottest summers in 30 years, we were extremely happy to come into a nicely air conditioned room, it being 34C outside, and the dividing wall between the nephew's sleeping space and ours gave just enough privacy for all of us. Very clean, very quiet and very close to the centre of town as well.

Breakfast the next morning was a little pricy, but we had an early flight and there was a reasonable amount of choice. Even nicer, they started serving at 6:30 which gave us time to eat and get down to the train station.

Room Tip: We had room 709 on the top floor, a family room, and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IdahoSwede
Dear IdahoSwede,

thank you very much for taking the time writing your experience about our hotel on tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel so much and gave us the highest rating. You really made my day!
I hope that you return to our hotel again, when you are in Nuremberg!
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed with my husband on a triple room for 6 days. The third bed replaced the missing chairs. An open closet was fine. Beds quite narrow . On the small bathroom not even a pull handle to open the shower-door, just the hole where it should have been placed. The water from the shower escaped out easily . There was no safe available. Fair price for the breakfast 7.50 E. Free wi-fi was greatly appreciated. Very clean Hotel with a helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear elizman,

Thank you for writing about your experience in our hotel on tripadvisor. Even if you gave us just 3 points, it seems that you were quite satisfied with our hotel. So we hope to welcome you again in our hotel if you come back to Nuremberg.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

2 friends and I stayed in a triple room here for a night on our way to Berlin from Salzburg. Our room was on the 7th floor, I guess in what you would call "the attic". We loved the modern feel and different colours on the walls of room, not to mention our room and bathroom were very spacious, modern and clean, it was almost like a mini apartment. The hotel has a lift which proved convienient with out luggage. The hotel is in a great location just down the main road from the main station and opposite the old town. The free wifi was a little tempermental but the breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jess_1991_22
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear jess_1991_22,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review about our hotel. I am really glad that we could contribute to a pleasant stay in Nuremberg. It's always nice to hear that our guests like the style of our hotel. My team and I hope that you come back soon.

Bracknell Berks UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Good stuff: Trip Advisor reviews were what my selection was based on for my family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids plus dog! and the reviews represented it well. Close to the beautiful old town, 10 minutes walk away. Right next to the train station. Easy to locate and easy to get out of Nuremberg from. Parking on site both underground and a separate car park for taller vehicles with no height restriction (we had the roof box on) Clean...and I mean nice and clean! Breakfast was fairly priced and the charged a reduced rate for the kids, the dog was able to stay in our room with us which was fab (He's old and travels well with us) There are a couple of vending machines just off reception by the lifts where you can buy snacks and drinks...convenience for emergencies, but to be fair there were plenty of places to eat very nearby so it is a belt and braces approach but good to know it is there!...I did buy some water from the machines. Hairdryers are available from reception for a 10 Euro deposit which you get back once you return the dryer! The guy at reception spoke perfect English and was warm and welcoming and provided maps and recommendations for things to do and see. Would certainly stay here again.
Bad stuff: Only one observation and it's not a bad thing, the shower floor has very little slope on it and the water escaped from the shower far too easily for my liking...the hotel was so clean and nice it worried me that it might get onto the carpet outside the bathroom. Neurotic?...me?......
Overall...We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in New York in October 2012...this place meets my needs much better!! Will stay in a B+B again and thanks to everyone on Trip Advisor who reviewed it before me!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Amytomsam
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Amytomsam,

thank you very much for writing such a great review about our hotel. My team and I are really glad that you felt so comfortable and welcome in our hotel. We always try to exceed the expectations of our guests and there are statements such as yours that make us work easily and with pleasure.
Thank you very much - you really made my day!

Yours sincerely
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Newly built hotel in a great location opposite the old city wall, right near the metro station entrance, 5 minutes walk from main train station and also main shopping streets. Clean rooms with new equipment, not big , same as in most of Nuremberg hotels in the center, enough for those who do not plan to live in it all the day. Free wifi, also there is a socket in the room for a wired internet. Safe and iron are available at the reception. Lift to underground parking , which is available for extra 5? Euro/day. Free parking places along the hotel. Breakfast is enough, nobody from our group had any complains. Kind and helpful staff. As an example - I forgot small personal items in the room, the hotel was kind enough to send them to Russia free of charge. Recommended for those who need just bed, shower and breakfast in a clean place with great location , helpful staff and free wi-fi.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maxim V
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Maxim V.,
thank you very much for taking the time writing about your experience in our hotel. It's nice to hear, that you obviously had a pleasant stay in Nuremberg. I hope your forgotten item arrived already in Russia?! I am looking forward to welcoming you again when you come back to Nuremberg.
Yours sincerely
Apeldoorn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

We spent a night in this hotel. Good location near city centre. Parking 5eur in garage or some 10 place outside. Good beds, small shower. At night much noise from sirens.
Breakfast simple but enough choice. I would go again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid attick when it rains, the rain makes a lot of noice on the windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear MjtVisscher,

Thank you for taking the time writing a short review about our hotel on tripadvisor. It seems like you enjoyed your stay in our hotel even if you gave just 3 points in total.
I am sorry that you were disturbed by sirens in the night but I think this could happen in every big city around the world and is not our fault.

I hope to see you again when you come back to Nuremberg some day.

Sincerely yours