“Dont book a smoking room, even if you're a smoker!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City

B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City
Ranked #25 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
London, United Kingdom
“Dont book a smoking room, even if you're a smoker!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I felt physically sick when I entered the room as the smell was disgusting. I didn't realise I had booked a smoking room so maybe it was my fault. I am a non smoker but I am sure even a smoker would have felt sick staying in this room as it was an overpowering stale smoky stench. Luckily we were there for one night only so we got out the room as quickly as possible to see some of the lovely town but we purposely stayed out longer because we didn't want to go back. I thought that was enough reason to ask if they had another room but I was told they were fully booked so nothing else was available. The lady at reception did say that they put machines in the room to take out the smell but maybe it didn't happen on this occasion. Instead we were given some room spray. I have stayed in so many places and it was the first ever time I felt it necessary to complain. Apart from that it was clean and a good shower but I cant believe I spent 70 euros to stay here to experience that. We opted not to pay an additional 15 euros for 2 breakfast as that's just overpriced.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Loza80
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Loza80,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel on tripadvisor. I feel very sorry, that you weren't satisfied with your stay. Our hotel has 135 rooms. Just ten of these rooms are smoking-rooms. I don't know why you choose a smoking room even if you are a non-smoker, but of course these rooms smell like smoke. Normally we would have changed you into a non-smoking room, but we were fully booked during your stay so this was impossible. I hope that you will return to our hotel again another time and we can offer a non-smoking room for you.

André Stock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Excellent location, very close to the central (HBF), Operahaus, National Museum and the historic center (restaurants and bars). No need to spend time doing checkout. There are vending machines selling drinks and some snacks. Access to the rooms is through password instead of keys or magnetic cards.
Although "Bed & Breakfast" hotel, the breakfast was not included in the rate, but booked knowing this. Parking is also not included

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear luissenna,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing about your experiences in our hotel during your stay in Nuremberg. I am happy, that you were satisfied with the location of our hotel and the value for money. I hope that you stay in our hotel again if you come back to Nuremberg.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I chose this hotel because of its good reviews, nice location, low price and onsite parking. I have to say it have fully meet my expectations and it was pretty good value.

It is very conveniently located near the old town (and subway station) and despite it is near the main road it was quiet at night. Lady at the reception was kind and everything went smoothly. Our room and also bathroom was small, but we were expecting that. You can only heat your room via air-con which is bit inconvenient when you want to sleep - it might disturb you as it is not totally quiet. We have booked non-smoking rooms but our friends got one where someone has been smoking before. Breakfast good with many options. If they add some croissants/sweet pastry, vegetables and sausages it would be perfect.

This hotel is a good choice especially if you are on budget and want to stay in a clean place near the old town.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Lusi_2412,

thank you for taking the time writing such a nice review about our hotel on tripadvisor. It's good to hear, that we met your expectations and you were happy with the value for money. Of course I will share your praise with my employees and we all hope that you come back very soon.

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had a short stopover in this budget hotel, while driving from UK to Galati County in Romania to deliver aid to the flood area.

After driving from Swansea, UK we needed to get some sleep before the next leg of our journey, we tried a few places such as the Ibis, but they were full and we happened upon this little gem.

It's cheap, clean and comfortable, just what you want from a budget hotel, it does excactly what you expect and you can have food there should you wish.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dave M
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Dave M

Thank you very much for writing a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to read that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I would be happy if you stay with us again when you decide to come back to Nuremberg.
Vordingborg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is excactly what I need from a stay. Great location, with nicely decorated rooms, free wifi, cheap parking, fair pricing and great service from the staff at the hotel.

Definitely a place I would return to.

Room Tip: If you want a great view of the city, ask for something high and north.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear 5tause,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review about our hotel. It's nice to hear that you were so satisfied with your stay. I hope you return very soon.

Trier
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Absolute good value for money. The decoration of the walls is a matter of taste but for less than 60 euros per night you get an ok room which is clean, soundproof, has a decent size bathroom and the hotel is close to the city center. Moreover, if you are lucky, you can park for free (on Saturday nights) on the streets in the neighborhood. We will come back as we were pleasantly surprised by the city of Nurnberg itself.

Must see: Reichsparteitaggelande. Must not see: 1. FC Nurnberg :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlexanderDH
Dear AlexanderDH,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very happy that you felt at home with us and that we were able to contribute to a pleasant stay in Nuremberg. We would be very happy if you visit us again when you return to Nuremberg.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked 3 nights through hotel website & get rapid reponse on my questions, very good.
We arrived Nuremburg airport almost 11:00 at night, so location was our priority. B&B hotel just next to the exit of station Opernhaus, just one station to the Main Train Station.

Actually it's a basis hotel but the colorful decoration & cleanliness added value on it. The staff was nice & helpful. We stayed in twin room, correctly it should be a double bed with twin bedding and i found it's so common in Germany...And also there's almost 32C during our stay, luckily we picked a hotel with air-con. Disappointed that the Wifi signal really weak, i need to stay near room door to get the best signal :P

Not many restaurants surroundings, but just 5 mins walk then you can visit old town to take delicious food like tasty german saugages from Zum Guldenen Stern Bratwurstkueche.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear IP-fafaway,

thank you very much for taking the time writing about your experiences about our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very glad to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel so much.
Sorry, that the Wifi signal in your room was too weak. I already checked the access points and found the problem. So the signal will be excellent when you return to our hotel in future.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again.