“Really good place to stay Nuremberg”

and 1 more site!
B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City
Ranked #26 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Sydney, Australia
“Really good place to stay Nuremberg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Excellent location - 5 mins walk to the Central station, U-Bahn is right next to the hotel, Old Town is across the road, supermarkets - REWE & ALDI - around the corner.

Room was very neat, functional and clean. Everything you may need during your stay - good sleeping arrangement, shower, TV, internet - are available and in in very good conditions.

Personnel was very friendly and helped us to resolve even non-hotel related issues. The only issue they could not help with was a large number of emergency vehicles with sirens driving on the main road - small downside of the good position.

Breakfast is very good and real value for money.

We would definitely consider this hotel for our next trip to Nuremberg.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex B
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Alex B,

thank you very much for writing such a nice review about our hotel. I am really glad that you felt comfortable in our hotel and we were able to contribute to a pleasant stay in Nuremberg. Of course I will share your positive feedback with my staff and we all hope that you come back very soon.
André Stock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Small family (2 adults + 7y/o) - stayed 1 night - family room

Clean hotel
Walking distance to Train station & Christmas market
Staff very friendly with good english
Were able to checkin earlier than the said afternoon time
Very small bathroom, but ok for 1 night
Good wifi
Comfy beds, although the queen bed seemed small, but maybe that was because it was jammed up against a wall. My husband slept on the bottom of the double decker bunk instead!

Breakfast was a help yourself small buffet. Nothing too outstanding, just a basic selection.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear illythecuddly,

thank you very much for taking the time writing about your experiences in our hotel on trip advisor. It's nice to hear, that you felt comfortable in our hotel and we could contribute to a pleasant stay during the christmas market. I hope you return to our hotel when you visit Nuremberg again.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Easy to book, walking distance from the main station (and right next to the U-Bahn - underground - Opernhaus). Very near the beautiful Operahouse itself. All clean and new, friendly and helpful staff. Room fine (too warm for us Brits!). Breakfast all self service, very good range and quality, whatever time you eat. Right opposite the city walls of central Nurnberg. Wifi available (good idea to bring iPad or similar, esp if you have kids, as German TV is almost exclusively German). VERY helpful (we had a problem with another hotel, and phoned B&B for help, and they found us a room in their sister hotel (which is a little nearer the main station) on a busier road, but no problem with sound (we stayed very happily at both).

Room Tip: We faced the main road, and the walled city, no problems with sound, and good view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Scamps_tuft
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Scamps_tuft,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review about our hotel. I am really glad, that you felt comfortable in both of our two hotels in Nuremberg. It doesn't matter in which hotel you will return, we will be very happy in both if you come back to Nuremberg.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very nice and clean. Staff is friendly and speak english. Free wifi and breakfast in the morning. I went to Nuremberg for the weekend to site see and to shop at the Christmas Market. The hotel is across the street from the old city and with in acouple minutes you're in the middle of everything. ( shopping, churches, museums....ect)

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank brinkmeyerd
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear brinkmeyerd,

thank you very much for taking the time writing such a nice review about our hotel. I am glad that you felt comfortable in our hotel and we were able to contribute to a pleasant stay in Nuremberg. Of course I will share your positive feedback with my staff and we all hope that you come back very soon.
Best wishes for 2014!
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

As mentioned in other reviews the location is great!
I liked the staff very much, made us feel very welcome and helped us with every question we had...
Room - I got what I asked for :) I had a view!
very clean and modern hotel...and quiet inside the rooms!
I LOVED MY STAY!

Room Tip: Sound proof windows...don't worry about the noise!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Albertina S
Dear Albertina S,

thank you very much for sharing your experience about our hotel on tripadvisor. I really enjoyed reading your review :-)
We all hope, that you come back very soon!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, good central location only about ten mins walk from Christkindl markets and other shoppig areas. Breakfast was nice with good variety. Front desk staff eager to help with any questions. We enjoyed our stay and the room had all we needed, just that the soap dispenser in the shower never got topped up but that is a small issue. Otherwise, very lovely.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear soccergirl5,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review about our hotel. I am sorry, that we didn't notic the empty soap in your shower. Please tell the reception next time if there are any problems. On the other hand I will share your commendation with my receptionists and hope to see you again when you come back to Nuremberg. Of course the soap in the shower will be renewed then. ;-)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I felt physically sick when I entered the room as the smell was disgusting. I didn't realise I had booked a smoking room so maybe it was my fault. I am a non smoker but I am sure even a smoker would have felt sick staying in this room as it was an overpowering stale smoky stench. Luckily we were there for one night only so we got out the room as quickly as possible to see some of the lovely town but we purposely stayed out longer because we didn't want to go back. I thought that was enough reason to ask if they had another room but I was told they were fully booked so nothing else was available. The lady at reception did say that they put machines in the room to take out the smell but maybe it didn't happen on this occasion. Instead we were given some room spray. I have stayed in so many places and it was the first ever time I felt it necessary to complain. Apart from that it was clean and a good shower but I cant believe I spent 70 euros to stay here to experience that. We opted not to pay an additional 15 euros for 2 breakfast as that's just overpriced.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loza80
Dear Loza80,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel on tripadvisor. I feel very sorry, that you weren't satisfied with your stay. Our hotel has 135 rooms. Just ten of these rooms are smoking-rooms. I don't know why you choose a smoking room even if you are a non-smoker, but of course these rooms smell like smoke. Normally we would have changed you into a non-smoking room, but we were fully booked during your stay so this was impossible. I hope that you will return to our hotel again another time and we can offer a non-smoking room for you.

Sincerely yours