“Very nice and new”

A&O Nurnberg Hauptbahnhof
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The room we stayed in in this hostel was so clean, new, spacious, and nice - and it was a 6 person dorm! We were very pleasantly surprised (especially after staying at the same type room at the A&O in Munich the night before, and being assigned to a filthy, decrepit room). The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly here at the Nuremberg location, too. When the internet wasn't working on one of our phones, they were helpful and gave us a code to use for a few hours of free hotel-wide internet. It was a great and safe location, only a 15 or so minute walk from the center of town, and about a 1 minute walk from the bus station, and probably 3 minutes to the Hauptbahnhof (main train station). I would definitely recommend this hostel!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a hostel but for two adults and two kids looking to visit the old part of Nuremburg without spending a fortune it was pretty good. The rooms were sizable and clean but not even a kettle to have a cup of tea. You could use the kitchenette four floors down but that was a little unkempt given the general clientele (again it is a hostel so this was not unexpected). Given the clientele it was pretty noisy for one of our nights, teenagers running around corridors, slamming doors etc, so families with young kids would need to beware.
The other issue I had was parking. I email in and booked two car parks, as we were travelling with another family and they responded the this was OK, but when we got there only one park was booked. They pointed us to a public park down the road which did help.
On the plus side the location was great. We could walk into the old town, come back mid afternoon and return by foot for the night markets. This was a big plus as once the cars were parked that was it. Pretty good value for money all up.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nudgee_1983
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very convenient, since it is really close to the main train station. This also means that you will most likely hear the trains go by but that didn't bother me at all.

The room was small, so was the bathroom, but everything was nice and clean.

My friend and I stayed one night because of a concert in Nuremberg. We did not try the breakfast. We got a Wifi code, that my friend used.

Overall it is a nice place to stay if you want to be close to the train station and do not wanna spend too much money!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My friend and I stayed in the hostel just for two nights before heading to Berlin. Found it was easy to get to from the train station and very close to the bus stop. Room was very clean along with bath room. But that didn't last for long due to the people we shared the room with. They charge for sheets so we ended up using our sleeping bags. They only have free wifi in the lobby. Nevertheless was an ok stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We pay a lot of money for 2 rooms (about 45 euros each), the rooms are normal nothing special, fd staff not informed at all (one day have breakfast incl, next day they said not...????), i say to the fd person and give me a free capuccino thanks!, but the personel need more training...near to central station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The interior of the hotel is very simple and my room was moss backed. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm it is very clean. In the time of my arrival, a basin in my room seemed to be unclean, and I saw very dirty blanket under clean sheet. It was odious. Nevertheless, these were only the troubles with the cleanness of this hotel.

Anyway, there are fresh fruits and various choice of quality food served for breakfast, which is not very expensive.

The hotel is in very good location, very near to the main railway station and town centre. On the other side, it is placed on a very busy road.

Mind, if you would pay for the stay by card, you will be charged almost three Euros more.

I would recommend it for one or two nights stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JanaB1970
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was my first A&O stay. Very convenient location to the bus/train station. The room was comfortable, clean, modern and spacious. I appreciated how clean and large the toilette and shower rooms were. The staff were helpful, the prices were good. My only issue was the noise as my room faced the street. If you can sleep with noise, you are fine. If not, you should find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo